Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jun 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

192 Golden Corral

Staying close to the 192 this trip, I do remember there is more than one Golden Corral around just wanting to know which one would be open around 6am or close to it for an early breakfast and getaway to parks

Edited at 08:03 AM.
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

They all open at 7.30 am except the one at the very end of 192 past Mediaeval Times/Walmart.
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

They are not that great to be fair, for the same overall price a Dennys is better if you ask me.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
They are not that great to be fair, for the same overall price a Dennys is better if you ask me.
Funny how we are all different. I really disliked Dennys. Love it that you can get cereal and yoghourt at GC.
We usually make for Waffle House if we are setting off early (24hr opening) Their grilled egg and bacon butty is to die for.

Edited at 10:10 AM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I would avoid Golden Corral, I like dennys and love Waffle House
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Funny how we are all different. I really disliked Dennys. Love it that you can get cereal and yoghourt at GC.
We usually make for Waffle House if we are setting off early (24hr opening) Their grilled egg and bacon butty is to die for.
The average price for us two with juice at the likes of Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, iHOP and Dennys is around $25. Whereas at GC it's around $19 (we do get 50 cents each off )

We eat at them all over the course of our holiday but no more than once a week at any. I think the major problem that some have with GC is young children running round and generally being greedy. I fail to see quite frankly how that's something to lay at GC's door - more like parents who can't control their children.

I've said on here a few times that GC is the only one where you can see your eggs fried and omelette cooked.

We don't go to the parks now but we could always see the appeal of GC to families who were anxious to get to the parks asap. At GC you're basically eating in under a minute.

Mick
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
I would put them both in the same budget category, only one is buffet and one isn't. Dollar for dollar I would head to GC.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I would avoid Golden Corral, I like dennys and love Waffle House
Yes me too ! I would starve first before I stepped in a GC again. I don't even think it is that cheap.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

We find GC amazing for our needs as always a large group in double figures so organising breakfast is head work. With GC there's always something for everyone no matter how fussy or dietary needs. Young families i think its best suited to as kids love to go up and pick what they want via their eyes rather than select off a menu.

We have done breakfasts at Dennys, Ihop, Ponderosa, McDonalds, Bob Evans, in the parks, all character ones at Disney etc and always default to GC. We think its better than most Disney breakfasts tbh esp at the stupid prices they charge.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Barney Bear
Getting Excited

I don’t understand the snobbery around GC! We’ll always default back there for a good breakfast - plenty of choice with fussy teenage eaters, and it’s great to have fresh fruit there too, when it’s so expensive to buy in the supermarkets.
Barney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List