Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jun 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile Gluten free meals on virgin Atlantic

We are flying economy in a few weeks. Just wondering if anyone knows what the gluten free meals are. We are flying from Manchester.

Also are there any places at Manchester to get something as a back up?
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m afraid I flew Upper Class with Virgin for my Gluten Free meal and wasn’t too impressed, it seems all classes get the one meal but mine was served on a plate!
I had unidentified soup, crew didn’t know what it was, gluten free roll which was rock hard, main course was dried chicken with no sauce, rice and some veggies. Dessert was fruit salad so luckily I had snacks and crackers with me and was able to partake in the cheese trolley!
Prior to landing I was served a chicken salad sandwich which was actually very nice and a GF Honeybuns cake which was also very nice.
Coming back home they forgot to load part of my meal! I ended up getting offered a piece of chicken with some orange and grapefruit segments and a fruit salad for dinner, needless to say I didn’t want it so had a cup of tea and some cookies I had in my bag then went to bed! I did have cooked breakfast before landing though.
I think Virgin are putting GF symbols on the economy menu so if we you have a look at some recent posts about Virgin meals you will see what I mean.
I’m afraid for me that I will continue to take my own snacks on board and see if there is anything gluten free on board I can have, my friend had a lovely beef dish flying outbound which was GF as crew looked at the ingredients for me but they hadn’t loaded enough on the aircraft as I’d pre ordered the GF meal which I won’t do in future ( this isn’t just Virgin, I just find all airlines just the same when it comes to special meals) I’d rather buy a sarnie from M&S to eat onboard😀
Hope this helps

Edited at 06:25 PM.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks very much for your reply. It's very helpful 😊
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

4 weeks ago I had chicken in a creamy sauce. A fairly bland salad and a raspberry dessert thing (unpleasant).
The "high tea" was a cheese and pesto GF roll.
It was all passable bar the dessert but interestingly the food on TC was better.
That said it makes a nice change from the US carriers who double up GF with the low fat meals so you get a tonne of dry rice cakes and low fat vinegarette. Bleurgh
Old 30 Jun 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Interesting.. just ordered the mrs gluten free for our flights.. sounds like shes best taking plenty of snacks on board..
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List