Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 08, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Still be better than the weather here in the UK At least it's warm rain in Florida
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 08, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
CG1
Excited about Disney

erm...

Both me and my DH found Celebration quite creepy and unsettling. Couldn't quite put our finger on it, especially as most people seem to love it and it is loads of peoples dream to live there.
CG1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 08, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
magick
Apprentice Imagineer

we enjoy going there and having a wee stroll around and look in the shops, also the Smoothies from market streek cafe are great! The kids enjoy playing in the fountains so take a towel and change of clothes!
magick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 08, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I think you'll find that everyone will admit it is a bit Stepford like (both Americans and Int'l visitors) so it is a bit different. It's just a nice neighborhood that has exactly what it was designed to have. You can live there and not have to go far for things you need and it is very community geared. All of the essentials are there (bank, schools, hospital, shops, restaurants, salon, etc.) and it just has an overall 'neat' look to it.

It isn't for everyone but it is a nice place. Just think of the concept that it was built around... if Disney had a neighborhood this is what it would be like.
Old 29 Aug 08, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We went there for 4th July and it was fab! Food stalls, fireworks and shows! I love it
Old 1 Sep 08, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
We're going to Sherlock's while we are there. Does anyone know if they have any special entertainment during Halloween?
We've been to Celebrations several times over the years, but last year we couldn't find Sherlocks, I'm sure there was another shop in its place. Has the shop relocated within the town or did we look in the wrong street, they are all very similar.
Old 4 Sep 08, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Got back yesterday and wanted to say thanks again for the advice re visiting Celebration. It was definitely very 'Stepford Wives', but it was lovely to visit somewhere totally different. We had a drink whilst sitting in the deckchairs by the lake, had a stroll around the shops, bought some Pandora charms from the jewellery shop and had a drive around to see all the houses with the picket fences. You only need an hour or so to see it - but I'm glad we went.
Old 4 Sep 08, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michele106 View Post
Got back yesterday and wanted to say thanks again for the advice re visiting Celebration. It was definitely very 'Stepford Wives', but it was lovely to visit somewhere totally different. We had a drink whilst sitting in the deckchairs by the lake, had a stroll around the shops, bought some Pandora charms from the jewellery shop and had a drive around to see all the houses with the picket fences. You only need an hour or so to see it - but I'm glad we went.
What charms did you get?
Old 4 Sep 08, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I got the heart and the bible for my Mum and I bought the dollar bag, a purple Murano bead and the silver and gold safety chain for myself. I also bought a silver Minnie Mouse head from the Disney store which fits the Pandora bracelet. I had heard about them before I went, but thought they wouldn't be real silver and might look odd next to the Pandora charms, but in fact you would never know it wasn't a Pandora charm. The had quite a few different ones and I thought it was a nice reminder of Disney. They were about the same price as the Pandora charms ($23 upwards)
Old 4 Sep 08, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michele106 View Post
I got the heart and the bible for my Mum and I bought the dollar bag, a purple Murano bead and the silver and gold safety chain for myself. I also bought a silver Minnie Mouse head from the Disney store which fits the Pandora bracelet. I had heard about them before I went, but thought they wouldn't be real silver and might look odd next to the Pandora charms, but in fact you would never know it wasn't a Pandora charm. The had quite a few different ones and I thought it was a nice reminder of Disney. They were about the same price as the Pandora charms ($23 upwards)
Sounds like a nice collection! I was lucky enough to get this plus a safety chain this trip. Hope to add to it as and when we return!

Closed Thread