Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jul 10, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Flightman
Imagineer

We're going on Sat 31st. Can't wait, I've seen two American football games, this will be my first baseball game and I've heard nothing but good things.

Houston we have a countdown!
Flightman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

We are thinking of going on Thursday 5th August against the Minnesota Twins. The game is in the afternoon which seems an odd time for mid week but fits in well with our plans. I haven't got tickets but thought we would get them on the day at the stadium as I don't want to commit to it. Do you think that idea is realistic (I'm thinking Thursday afternoon should be quieter than normal).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 10, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Basset
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbles View Post
We are thinking of going on Thursday 5th August against the Minnesota Twins. The game is in the afternoon which seems an odd time for mid week but fits in well with our plans. I haven't got tickets but thought we would get them on the day at the stadium as I don't want to commit to it. Do you think that idea is realistic (I'm thinking Thursday afternoon should be quieter than normal).
Yes .. I think you'll be fine. I did exactly that back in May.

IN fact thinking about it was the FLorida Marlins I saw in the day game mid-week and the ground was almost empty (apart from a few thousand school kids that I suspect had been given free tickets) but I drove to Tampa the next day and saw the Rays play an evening game. Drove to the stadium and got good seats on the day.

For a day game I'd expect it to be quieter anyway. I've just tried to do a dummy booking on Ticketmaster to see what's available (working on the theory that if very good seats available now then mid-range will defintely be available on the day) but their system is down.
Basset is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 10, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

It's the Rays v Detroit for us, 27th July, can't wait... have just spent a week in the US on business and Baseball is dominating the sports channels at this time of year... i even began to understand the rules!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 10, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
antiguaman
Imagineer

antiguaman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm thinking of going in August on our trip if I can convince the wife she'll enjoy it

for those looking for tickets or game schedules following link posted by another dibber on another thread may prove useful

tampabay.rays.mlb/schedul...=tb&m=8&y=2010
21/05/09 - 28/05/09 Sharm El Sheikh to unwind
22/08/09 - 04/09/09 The Fairways of Villamoura FORE !
16/08/10 - 05/09/10 The Big O Lake Davenport Estate 3 Weeks more Magic
30/01/11 - 06/02/11 Back on the White Stuff, El Tarter Andorra - sorted for Ski's and Whizz
antiguaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 10, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Reet,

We did it, another 4 dibbers for the Tampa Bay Rays V NYY on Sunday 1st Aug. See ya all there.

Did you know its a family fun day with some freebies for the kids, its some height chart or something.
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 10, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
To all those going to this and any other TBR games, look at this warning
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 10, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
KJayT
Proud to wear my Ears

We're going on August 1st to see the game against the Yankees too - looks like there's going to be a few of us there!

Really looking forward to it! Understand very, very basic rules, but am going on the theory that it won't matter too much if I don't really 'get' it!

KJayT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 10, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went and saw a game last year, had a great night. We got our tickets from Stubhub, you might want to take a look as I think getting tickets for the yankees game could be 'like gold dust'.

Good luck and enjoy the game.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 10, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Bizzarly getting hold of 4 tickets was very easy, i tried snubhub, but it was a lot cheaper on the RAYS website to be honest (this time)
Closed Thread