Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 12, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post

We go to cebration each time we visit,usually we walk around and geocache.

We sat by the lake in the rocking chairs yesterday evening and watched an alligator the lake.

Merry xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 12, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Celebration what's so special

Boring, nothing to see or do and the shops are really disappointing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 12, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jadehouse
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
A really good selection of restaurants celebrationtowncenter/dining-entertainment

Take your pick from : An Italian, Columbian, food & wine bar, Sushi, An Irish Bar & restaurant, Market St Cafe, Ice-cream parlour, Thai restaurant, Pizza & a Bakery.

Breakfast or lunch followed by a walk around all 3 lakes, we have chatted to some lovely people during our walks and get to see plenty of wildlife.

We tell all our guests about this lovely town and we always get very good feedback about it. Never had anyone say they didn't enjoy a visit or a meal there.

Lynne
Old 12 Aug 12, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

I've been wanting to visit Celebration for years but still haven't got round to it. We've got a free day before we activate our Disney park tickets, so Celebration seems ideal...how long does it take to get there from say Port Orleans? I dont drive so we'd need to get a taxi, I'm just wondering if it will cost much?

JA x

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 12, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lyn0105 View Post
Boring, nothing to see or do and the shops are really disappointing
We thought exactly the same.
Old 13 Aug 12, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We went for first time this year. Having managed to never getting around to it before. Very relaxing, nice place to visit. Found a couple of the restaurants very good value and some good changes of menu. Will definitely go back. Kids didn't think much of it though!
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 12, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Far from boring, we always pop there at least once each trip. We take a walk round the lakes and chat to locals, see the snakes and gators that pop up. Just a nice chill place, away from the hustle and bustle.

We usually get an ice cream and sit and watch the kids in the fountains.

Last trip (Nov) we sat on a bench in boiling sunshine, with 50's Christmas songs playing, as the out the tree up near the lake. A nice place to go and wish you could afford a holiday home there.
Old 15 Aug 12, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMoose
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Nice golf course there too.
MickeyMoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 12, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cutekitty View Post
Hi everyone I know celebration is a well known topic on the DIBBS and I've even asked questions myself before. We went close to celebration (I think) when we went to busch gardens but what I wanted to know is : what is so special about it? I know it has some nice restaurants and a lake you can sit around. We are 2 adults in our 30s. Is there anything there that we will actually enjoy? Is it just a posh little town? Also are you able to see any of the fireworks from there? How long goes it take to drive from Disney and how long from I drive please? Thank you dibbers
We all love celebration if you go on a sunday they have alovely market selling a lot of home made cakes and bric a brac ,its away from the hustle and bustle of the parks
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
*kate*
Excited about Disney

When do the lamp posts snow? We're in Florida late October and early November, and I know the kids would love to catch this. We will certainly go for the Halloween decorations, just to have a look.

Worth going during the day or at night? Or both?
*kate* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread