Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 13, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I went to Old Town once in June 1999 and anybody who visited the men's toilets on that night would, like me, have been well put off for life.

I'm not going to go into any detail on a family friendly website but clearly there was a 'thing' going on and although I am no prude, all I wanted was the toilet.

Experienced once, never again. Far better things to spend time on in Orlando.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Irisis
Excited about Disney

I'm really surprised by the amount of negative comments about Old Town on here - I knew it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I have never once felt unsafe there. I've been during day and evening time as a child, teenage girl and an adult and didn't once witness anything unsavoury or threatening. That said, I've not been in the last five years so perhaps it is a recent thing? I really hope not.

And for the record, I've spent many happy hours browsing in Knives and Things - I have a large fairy mirror in my bedroom which I picked up there during my last visit.
Irisis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Irisis View Post
I'm really surprised by the amount of negative comments about Old Town on here - I knew it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I have never once felt unsafe there. I've been during day and evening time as a child, teenage girl and an adult and didn't once witness anything unsavoury or threatening. That said, I've not been in the last five years so perhaps it is a recent thing? I really hope not.

And for the record, I've spent many happy hours browsing in Knives and Things - I have a large fairy mirror in my bedroom which I picked up there during my last visit.
Each to their own Irisis...it would be a plain old world if we liked all the same things. And welcome to the mothership

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have visited Old Town on all our visits from being 9 years old with parents to being 26 going on our own. It is one of those places you either love or hate.

We love it and found a place called "Tex-Mex" which we always go to for food while we are there.

They also have the Sling Shot (Bungee ball) and the Sky Coaster I think its called which we will be going on this year again. Rides for youngsters too.

Someone has mentioned the toilets already - All I can say is make sure you go before you get there or use the facilities of a restaurant and not old town Don't let that stop you from visiting the place though.

Its a nice enough place and you cant judge somewhere until you have been, I'd give it a go once and you can decide for yourselves if you like it. Weekends are better when the cars etc are there. And if you don't like it you can leave again... its free after all.
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Go every year, but on the fri night, boys cars like out of the fast and furious, where as the sat night is old classic cars.
Where else can you have a free night out and the atmosphere is always buzzing when you go round the back to look at the cars before the parade.
No negatives from me.
The little quirky shops are great too.
x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Irisis
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Each to their own Irisis...it would be a plain old world if we liked all the same things. And welcome to the mothership
You're not wrong there. And thanks for the welcome!
Irisis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by luckylass View Post
Go every year, but on the fri night, boys cars like out of the fast and furious, where as the sat night is old classic cars.
Where else can you have a free night out and the atmosphere is always buzzing when you go round the back to look at the cars before the parade.
No negatives from me.
The little quirky shops are great too.
x
I didn't know about the fast cars on a Friday night. Is there usually a good selection?

I'm not keen on the area myself but DH and DS want to visit for the car rally - think DS may be interested in the fast cars

Edited at 04:30 PM.
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

I love the car cruise on a sat night I dont care if people think its tacky I love it love it
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 13, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
plastic orange
Very Serious Dibber

We first visited in 1995 and go back every time we are in Florida. We've never felt scared, intimidated or threatened by any one there (seen scarier folk on the plane over), but I do agree that the place has lost it's 'old town charm' over the years. Stangely, it is busier and more popular than ever judgeing by the crowd levels.
If you're into hot rods and custom cars it's a great spectacle, but if not, them I'll admit the appeal may be limited.
Best advice is to visit with an open mind, but Disney it is not, but then neither is the real America.

Pete
Old 15 May 13, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
versace1888
Excited about Disney

Yeah like everyone says - I guess we won't know until we go! Tempted to go during daylight hours though after some of the stories! haha! xx
versace1888 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread