Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

[QUOTE=disney332;12101999]At the end of the day...

if you cannot stomach the replies, dont post

Disney332[/...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Chewie has made some very valid points and although I don't agree with all of them, the underlying point is undeniable: Disney ARE whacking up the charges everywhere, from the gate to the food, and although I wouldn't say they are greedy, (corporately astute is the polite term I would use), they ARE looking to squeeze every penny they can out of us. It's not just the prices: staff numbers have been cut by more than 30%. The rolling programme of maintenance and refurbishment has been slashed: each area and its rides now gets a full make-over every ten years instead of every four. Much of WDW is looking downright shabby.
OK, nobody is forced to go to Disney, and Chewie is being unrealistic if he had hoped or expected the parks to remain as generously and naively run as they were years ago by Michael Eisner and his predecessors, but somewhere along the line Disney has lost the plot. There was always the company's quest for dollars,which is their duty to their investors, but in the past they dressed it up better and weren't so blatantly ruthless about it.
It is disappointing that Chewie has been sneered at on here by some diehard Disney fans. He is entitled to a point of view and he expressed it. The Disney defenders are entitled to their opposing view as well, but perhaps, in the old Disney spirit, they could have been rather more accepting of a well-meant and gently expressed observation.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickchick View Post
chewie has made some very valid points and although i don't agree with all of them, the underlying point is undeniable: Disney are whacking up the charges everywhere, from the gate to the food, and although i wouldn't say they are greedy, (corporately astute is the polite term i would use), they are looking to squeeze every penny they can out of us. It's not just the prices: Staff numbers have been cut by more than 30%. The rolling programme of maintenance and refurbishment has been slashed: Each area and its rides now gets a full make-over every ten years instead of every four. Much of wdw is looking downright shabby.
Ok, nobody is forced to go to disney, and chewie is being unrealistic if he had hoped or expected the parks to remain as generously and naively run as they were years ago by michael eisner and his predecessors, but somewhere along the line disney has lost the plot. There was always the company's quest for dollars,which is their duty to their investors, but in the past they dressed it up better and weren't so blatantly ruthless about it.
It is disappointing that chewie has been sneered at on here by some diehard disney fans. He is entitled to a point of view and he expressed it. The disney defenders are entitled to their opposing view as well, but perhaps, in the old disney spirit, they could have been rather more accepting of a well-meant and gently expressed observation.
absolutely...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

I can see where you're coming from Chewie - I was really disappointed this year in Hollywood Studios by being charged full price for barely half a park. I understand they are updating it etc but the ticket cost should have reflected the lack of attractions.

Yes i am aware that i should maybe have researched it more before buying etc but my partner was excited about the new Star Wars stuff so i didn't look into it much.

This is a normally friendly forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There is no need for rudeness.
MickChick you said it perfectly.

Intl Drive 1995 : Kissimmee 1998 : Highland Reserve 2014 :
Hampton Lakes 2015 : Polo Park 2016: Formosa Gardens 2018
FoxRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Some wealthy hardcore Dibbers on here!

I think it would be better if Disney would include hidden costs such as parking in the price of admission. They won't do this because it can then be used as a perk to sell hotel rooms.

Same thing is going on with food prices. Going up to make the Dining plan the only affordable way to eat in the parks!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

my 2ps worth...

Looked at next year hol for the kids.

Bulgaria Family Village - 3 Weeks AI - £6200
or
Med Family Village - 2 weeks AI - £4800

or 2 weeks onsite with WDW at CBR - including free busses, free parking, free entry into the parks early and late, free FP+ system that actually works and is open to all, free memory maker so a pro photographer takes amazing pics, 15% off Disney store so will save about £50 of my Christmas shopping, free transport to and from the airport, booked thru quidco so another £120 coming back to me, excellent location close to the action, amazing pools - 8 at the resort, Laundry facilities close to the rooms, the worlds friendliest staff, have I forgotten anything - yes.
WORLDS BEST attractions, amazing character interactions, unbelievable parades, more "things to do" than we have been able to even come close to get everything done in 2 previous 21 day visits - have I forgotten anything else else YES.
FREE - FREE food for the whole of our stay - worth £1400 - with things like a steak at ABC, world class fireworks displays EVERY NIGHT...
And so so so much more...
Cost £3925 (plus flight...)

And guess which one I booked...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mulraneyy View Post
I can see where you're coming from Chewie - I was really disappointed this year in Hollywood Studios by being charged full price for barely half a park. I understand they are updating it etc but the ticket cost should have reflected the lack of attractions.

Yes i am aware that i should maybe have researched it more before buying etc but my partner was excited about the new Star Wars stuff so i didn't look into it much.

This is a normally friendly forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There is no need for rudeness.
MickChick you said it perfectly.
If by rudeness you mean saying things the way they are then this bunch of hard core dibbers are very very rude.

I suggest you read all the posts on here which express a contrary view to the op, they are both accurate and factual.

Disney332
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
How much for flights?(for full comparison purposes)
G
Probably £4k if in school holidays!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
How much for flights?(for full comparison purposes)
G
Aiming (optimistically) for 5 x £500 minus a £400 TC voucher I have

say £2-3K + WDWs £3975 = £6975 - £1400 free food = £5575 (plus all the Disney extras... )

if I were staying in a offsite, wouldn't have free food and still would by WDW tickets to pay for...

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

most amazing thing about this thread is I find myself nodding my head at Disney332 and G's posts - now that's a magical day...

Closed Thread