Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jul 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smithrr View Post
We are on the 14th into Miami! Wondering if after the next appeal they may enter negotiations again?
I hope so... This is daft. Drag it out till peak business travel and really hit them. Don't punish families who have saved long and hard
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

appreciate this is the daily mail so taken with a pinch of salt but this will hardly help matters if as reported

dailymail/news/art...row-staff.html
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Swimmer68
VIP Dibber

We fly home on the 13th Miami to Heathrow least it’s home and not on way out . Just daughters 21st birthday to worry about she may not be impressed spending it on an airport floor Hope everyone on here gets the holiday that they have looked forward to for so long
Swimmer68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
appreciate this is the daily mail so taken with a pinch of salt but this will hardly help matters if as reported

dailymail/news/art...row-staff.html
The Heathrow workers strikes have been suspended after a new pay offer.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
The Heathrow workers strikes have been suspended after a new pay offer.
Really? Where was this sorry?
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Really? Where was this sorry?
This is the Heathrow Airport workers not the BA pilots, but the two stories have become conflated here.

independent/travel...-a9018516.html

Edited at 12:15 PM.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This is the Heathrow Airport workers not the BA pilots, but the two stories have become conflated here.

Yes I was concerned about both strikes as we fly on the 6th which is the Heathrow workers strike so if they are not striking you will have made my week
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just read it and August strikes still on the table 😢
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

in the 2017 during the mixed cabin crew strikes one of our flights were affected. we were offered a refund or to be rebooked to 2 days earlier. it was this time of year and there was no capacity for 4/5 days after our original date. incidentally my DBIL also had a flight brought forward a day due to that disruption. I think it was short hall though and actually the reassigned flight was operated by Qatar airways. if the proposed action goes ahead perhaps they might look using other airlines again. I notice they are already using Air Belgium to operate some long haul flights
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by oeamon View Post
in the 2017 during the mixed cabin crew strikes one of our flights were affected. we were offered a refund or to be rebooked to 2 days earlier. it was this time of year and there was no capacity for 4/5 days after our original date. incidentally my DBIL also had a flight brought forward a day due to that disruption. I think it was short hall though and actually the reassigned flight was operated by Qatar airways. if the proposed action goes ahead perhaps they might look using other airlines again. I notice they are already using Air Belgium to operate some long haul flights

This is my concern... what happens if they are full? If they can't get us to Orlando till 3 or 4 days after.
We Loose so much money that we can't claim back.
It seems so unfair that we have to brunt the bill and inconvenience for something that is not our fault, we have no control or influence over.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List