Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 May 20, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
If it’s the hotel I’m thinking of then yes it’s very nice.
That’s gutting for you, we are now thinking if the FCO lift the travel ban but the US isn’t open and Portugal is then we may book a week or two for Vilamoura in the summer or maybe the October half term. A client of mine has got a villa in Vale do Lobo and a boat moored in Vilamoura we could potentially use but if not I may ask you for the details of the condo you stay in. Lots of ifs and buts at the moment though!
Will you rebook Portugal for later in the year maybe?
Very nice if you get any of those.

Yes Portugal may be a good option if US out of bounds still next year, even if I have to get the Chunnel and drive there in my electric car!

I had a 3 week coast to coast US trip booked for this July, post GCSE dream trip had fantastic hotels lined up including a 1 bed at the Grand Cali, LA, New Orleans Jung, Vegas, a house at Fort Walton and Wilderness Lodge. Slightly gutted.

We would have booked Villamoura for next Spring half term. May do it still. Have Xmas 2020 booked at WDW but not convinced we will get there or there will be no quarantines etc.

I’ll hold off next year Portugal until I get a clearer picture. May go usual spring half term if possible. It may be next summer’s trip yet if USA is too difficult. I’m not going to attempt the coast to coast USA again next summer as it’s too much hassle to book and cancel off if it can’t go ahead. So I’ll use my DVC points to book WDW, Hilton Head and/ or Vero and wait for flights, cancelling off the DVC if not possible and trying to do Portugal instead.

I will be booking WDW DVC Xmas 2021 where I hope I’ll be going and am somewhat confident of that.

I’m rebooking my Coast to Coast USA, hopefully the same trip (just hope I can get that Grand Cali again) for summer 2022- post GCSE trip becomes post A level.

We laugh about Villamoura, it’s very nice and smart, suppose some would say upmarket but not really- we always see people we know there. I joke I’m going to put a charter flight on from my town. Last time the guy who fitted our kitchen was walking around the marina. Time before it was one of my daughter’s teachers. Time before that a boy who my daughter knows from school, and his mother came to the restaurant we were in to say hello as they’d seen where she was on Whattsapp or Snapchat or something and I realised his mother had been in my class at junior school.

Sorry to hijack thread OP.

Edited at 07:23 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

Yes Portugal may be a good option if US out of bounds still next year, even if I have to get the Chunnel and drive there in my electric car!

I had a 3 week coast to coast US trip booked for this July, post GCSE dream trip had fantastic hotels lined up including a 1 bed at the Grand Cali, LA, New Orleans Jung, Vegas, a house at Fort Walton and Wilderness Lodge. Slightly gutted.

We would have booked Villamoura for next Spring half term. May do it still. Have Xmas 2020 booked at WDW but not convinced we will get there or there will be no quarantines etc.

I’ll hold off next year Portugal until I get a clearer picture. May go usual spring half term if possible. It may be next summer’s trip yet if USA is too difficult. I’m not going to attempt the coast to coast USA again next summer as it’s too much hassle to book and cancel off if it can’t go ahead. So I’ll use my DVC points to book WDW, Hilton Head and/ or Vero and wait for flights, cancelling off the DVC if not possible and trying to do Portugal instead.

I will be booking WDW DVC Xmas 2021 where I hope I’ll be going and am somewhat confident of that.

I’m rebooking my Coast to Coast USA, hopefully the same trip (just hope I can get that Grand Cali again) for summer 2022- post GCSE trip becomes post A level.

YT do you think driving across will be permitted before flights are up and running? Something I have been considering.
We are 15/20 mins from Manchester airport and 15/20 from Liverpool which was the beauty of being able to get to Portugal quickly
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
YT do you think driving across will be permitted before flights are up and running? Something I have been considering.
We are 15/20 mins from Manchester airport and 15/20 from Liverpool which was the beauty of being able to get to Portugal quickly
No idea Colette but I can see flying problematic for a while (although think Europe will get easier quicker than US guessing) whereas maybe on ferry or Chunnel you could stay in your car etc? Wouldn’t fancy it necessarily on a ferry but Chunnel would be OK.
I was just thinking if flying is still off but you can get there in the car it’s something I’d consider.
Old 1 May 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
No idea Colette but I can see flying problematic for a while (although think Europe will get easier quicker than US guessing) whereas maybe on ferry or Chunnel you could stay in your car etc? Wouldn’t fancy it necessarily on a ferry but Chunnel would be OK.
I was just thinking if flying is still off but you can get there in the car it’s something I’d consider.
Yes it’s a good back up plan that I’ll put in place. Thanks
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi Alicia, we don’t rent out - I couldn’t be doing with the hassle!
Yes it’s expanding all the time and the new W hotel is due to open soon. We are quite lucky as we are front line sea view and building restrictions in Portugal mean no development is permitted close to the sea any longer so we will always retain that front line position.
Love Maria’s too and Montys! Monica’s too. Personal circumstances restricted us recently but I’m going over with the kids as soon as lockdown is lifted and travel is allowed
I don’t blame you, I don’t think I would either if I owned a property abroad.
Yes I heard about the new hotel which is good, is the Dona Filipa still there?
Ooh you lucky thing, you struck gold getting a prime spot. You must be near the golf course? My client has a small 2 bed overlooking the car park and crèche/mini golf then her gargantuan house round the corner from Barrington’s.
Yes that would be great to get out there as soon as possible

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We laugh about Villamoura, it’s very nice and smart, suppose some would say upmarket but not really- we always see people we know there. I joke I’m going to put a charter flight on from my town. Last time the guy who fitted our kitchen was walking around the marina. Time before it was one of my daughter’s teachers. Time before that a boy who my daughter knows from school, and his mother came to the restaurant we were in to say hello as they’d seen where she was on Whattsapp or Snapchat or something and I realised his mother had been in my class at junior school.

I can remember you saying about your epic holiday for this year, it’s just so gutting isn’t it when you plan and envisage these amazing holidays for months and months then you have to cancel but potentially lose money in the process. First world problems I know.
If Portugal is open but flights still restricted then I’m not averse to driving over, quite happy to make a road trip of it! I won’t be booking anything until things are much clearer, can always book a few days before we travel. I have put a deposit down on an apartment in the Alps for Christmas though, I had to get in early as we want to take the dog and it limits the accommodation choices. It’s free cancellation if for some reason the resort is still closed.
Haha we always say the same about Vilamoura, have bumped into so many people over the years. When my OH and I were first dating, he took me over there for a week without my kids (that’s when we stayed in the Tivoli, I think he was trying to impress me &#128514 and on the first night we got there I counted 4 people he knew that we ran into. It’s got a great vibe around the marina, especially in the evening. You really have to try Lamparo’s if you’ve not before!
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I don’t blame you, I don’t think I would either if I owned a property abroad.
Yes I heard about the new hotel which is good, is the Dona Filipa still there?
Ooh you lucky thing, you struck gold getting a prime spot. You must be near the golf course? My client has a small 2 bed overlooking the car park and crèche/mini golf then her gargantuan house round the corner from Barrington’s.
Yes that would be great to get out there as soon as possible
Yes we are on the Royal course, at the iconic 16th hole. I don’t play though 😂
Old 3 May 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

I second VDL, I own a villa there. Villamoura nice too, not fussed on Albefueira
Awww. My fist visit (of many) to the Algarve was to VDL! We went with my nana and pops. Happy memories. Think it was 1985
Old 3 May 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Yes we are on the Royal course, at the iconic 16th hole. I don’t play though 😂
Sorry just seen this!
I've just shown your reply to my OH, he says that is sacrilege and will happily take it off your hands . It's his goal in life to live on a golf course

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 5 May 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We went years ago to a gorgeous little place called Olhos De Agua which was very compact but had some gorgeous restaurants and the beach was beautiful.
This is our favourite place to go,. We always try and get at least one visit. Cigales is beautiful fish restaurant on the beach x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List