Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

These flight prices are awful - when will it end?

So having looked and looked using every matrix and website the world has to offer it looks like my trip to Florida in June will be off.

My last and only option is to drive Glasgow to London to fly Norwegian from there.
Flights from Glasgow are crazy - >£500 before adding luggage... 2 years ago I got my flights and accommodation for less than what these flights are costing.

Anyone like me holding out in the hope that they will drop? I feel I'd be doing us all a disservice if I paid the sort of money they're asking - surely that's just us telling them it's ok to charge crazy amounts?

gutted!
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

We’re in the same position I’m not willing to pay what they want to charge currently
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

It's maybe me doing 3million searches for the flights that have pushed those prices up. Apologies about that!
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
It's maybe me doing 3million searches for the flights that have pushed those prices up. Apologies about that!
And me
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Many in the same position as you based on the Dibb and Facebook posts.

Until Virgin have their monopoly to MCO from Manchester and Glasgow removed then prices will remain crazy.

I can fly to New York for as little as £300 with Virgin in routes where they have plenty of competitors
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Many in the same position as you based on the Dibb and Facebook posts.

Until Virgin have their monopoly to MCO from Manchester and Glasgow removed then prices will remain crazy.

I can fly to New York for as little as £300 with Virgin in routes where they have plenty of competitors
I am already thinking this may be my future trips!
Have a few days in NY (actually anywhere else lol) and then fly internally down to Orlando.
This may actually force me to see more of the world which is a bonus
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
I am already thinking this may be my future trips!
Have a few days in NY (actually anywhere else lol) and then fly internally down to Orlando.
This may actually force me to see more of the world which is a bonus
I was going to say have a few days in another state.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Icelandic from Glasgow is our best options for this year we may even tag on a few days in Iceland it doesn’t cost you anymore flight wise
Just accomadation we’ve did it years ago and loved
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are in Edinburgh and have done some fairly odd routes over the years based on cheap flights. We went from London in July with Air Canada and as you say drove to Heathrow. We have also done Shannon with a cheap flight over the night before. BA from Newcastle indirect? Virgin from Manchester of outwith school holidays. If you hold your nerve TUI Glasgow to Sanford is usually very cheap last minute, we have had £169 in July in recent years and again if it’s before the school hols your chances will increase.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
We are in Edinburgh and have done some fairly odd routes over the years based on cheap flights. We went from London in July with Air Canada and as you say drove to Heathrow. We have also done Shannon with a cheap flight over the night before. BA from Newcastle indirect? Virgin from Manchester of outwith school holidays. If you hold your nerve TUI Glasgow to Sanford is usually very cheap last minute, we have had £169 in July in recent years and again if it’s before the school hols your chances will increase.
Great info! How was the drive? We're thinking of driving down to Heathrow but flying back to Glasgow (I use a website called driiveme and hire cars one way for £1, really really handy!)

Problem with last minute is we're just about to book a cruise 😳 so if we waited til last minute and prices didn't drop I'd kick myself... would be fine if it was just an Orlando trip. Not sure why I (or possibly my wife &#129325 makes life so complex!