Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lodgey82
Trainee Dibber

CPB Compliance email received - help

Our family of 4 visited Orlando back in Feb for 8 nights. Today I received the CPB Email warning me we have 10 days left to depart. I’ve checked the I94 pages and they show DH DS and DD leaving on 15th Feb from MCO which is correct. Mine shows no record found. I can see a few threads on this but no real conclusion on how to resolve. Has anyone else received this email and resolved the problem. We go every year and don’t want and issue either on entry or when we try to apply for new Estas. Thanks in advance
Vista Cay 2017,2019
Lodgey82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You need to contact CPB
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
You need to contact CPB
SD
They usually need some documentary proof that you left when you did. Baggage tag/boarding pass etc, that sort of thing.
Handy if you have something else that can prove that you have been doing something at home after you returned.
Old 26 Apr 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lodgey82
Trainee Dibber

Don’t think we have kept bag tags and boarding cards! I have my BA exec account that’s shows the miles and flight date? I’ve found a phone number so will call tomorrow. Very panicked by it TBH. We don’t have another trip booked as yet but I would be a right pain in the bum if I couldn’t get an ESTA in the future because they thought I’d overstayed when I hadn’t.
Vista Cay 2017,2019
Lodgey82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lodgey82 View Post
Don’t think we have kept bag tags and boarding cards! I have my BA exec account that’s shows the miles and flight date? I’ve found a phone number so will call tomorrow. Very panicked by it TBH. We don’t have another trip booked as yet but I would be a right pain in the bum if I couldn’t get an ESTA in the future because they thought I’d overstayed when I hadn’t.
Your BAEC account should be enough as you can only get the points and miles for actually flying so it shows you left the country then.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lodgey82 View Post
Our family of 4 visited Orlando back in Feb for 8 nights. Today I received the CPB Email warning me we have 10 days left to depart. I’ve checked the I94 pages and they show DH DS and DD leaving on 15th Feb from MCO which is correct. Mine shows no record found. I can see a few threads on this but no real conclusion on how to resolve. Has anyone else received this email and resolved the problem. We go every year and don’t want and issue either on entry or when we try to apply for new Estas. Thanks in advance
e to Ask

Have to ask, is it a genuine email?
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lodgey82
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Pottery View Post
e to Ask

Have to ask, is it a genuine email?
Yes definitely genuine. I’ve double checked and the dates tally up with 90 days from our entry in Feb. I think I have found the problem. I managed to find our I94 record online. Mine has a spelling error on my middle name which means it’s probably not tallying up with the departure info from BA. Will call tomorrow and find out what I need to do.
Vista Cay 2017,2019
Old 26 Apr 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

If you entered the United States on the Visa Waiver Program and stayed longer than the admission period granted by CBP at your time of arrival, you are no longer eligible for the Visa Waiver Program. You will require a non-immigrant visa for entry in the future. You can find visa information at state.gov.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

I forgot to turn in my I-94 when I left the U.S., what should I do?

Most travelers will have an electronic Form I-94 (white). However, if you entered the United States via a land border port of entry or were provided a paper Form I-94 at an air or seaport and returned home with your Form I-94 or, if you arrived by land under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), Form I-94W (green) Departure Record in your passport, it is possible that your departure was not recorded properly.

If you departed by a commercial air or sea carrier (airlines or cruise ships), your departure from the U.S. can be independently verified, and it is not necessary to take any further action, although holding on to your outbound (from the U.S.) boarding pass - if you still have it - can help facilitate your reentry next time you come back to the United States.

If you departed by land, private vessel or private plane, you will need to take steps to correct the record. If you do not validate your timely departure from the United States, or, if you cannot reasonably prove you departed within the time frame given to you when you entered, the next time you apply for admission to the U.S., Customs and Border Protection (CBP) may conclude you remained in the U.S. beyond your authorized stay. If this happens, your visa may be subject to cancellation or you may be returned immediately to your foreign point of origin.

Under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), visitors who remain beyond their permitted stay in the United States cannot reenter the U.S. in the future without obtaining a visa from a U.S. Consulate. So if you are a Visa Waiver Program visitor who traveled by land to either Canada or Mexico for an onward flight, it is particularly important for you to register your timely departure if your green I-94W was not taken when you exited the U.S.

If you fail to do so and you arrive at a U.S. port of entry seeking admission under the Visa Waiver Program without a visa, CBP Officers may order your immediate return to a foreign point of origin. If you are a VWP visitor and you left the U.S. by an air or sea carrier, you don't need to worry.

If you failed to turn in your I-94 Departure Record, please send it, along with any documentation that proves you left the United States. As of November 1, 2014, the address is:

Coleman Data Solutions

Box 7965

Akron, OH 44306

Attn: NIDPS (I-94)

USA

(If using U.S. Postal Service)

OR

Coleman Data Solutions

3043 Sanitarium Road, Suite 2

Akron, OH 44312

Attn: NIDPS (I-94)

(If using FedEx or UPS)

Do not mail your Form I-94 Departure Record or supporting information to any U.S. Consulate or Embassy, to any other CBP Office in the United States, or to any address other than the one above. Only at this location are we able to make the necessary corrections to CBP records to prevent inconvenience to you in the future. Coleman Data Solutions does not answer correspondence, so please do not ask for confirmation that your record has been updated.

To validate departure, CBP will consider a variety of information, including but not limited to:

Original boarding passes you used to depart another country, such as Canada, if you flew home from there;
Photocopies of entry or departure stamps in your passport indicating entry to another country after you departed the United States (you should copy all passport pages that are not completely blank, and include the biographical page containing your photograph); and
Photocopies of other supporting evidence, such as:

-Dated pay slips or vouchers from your employer to indicate you worked in another country after you departed the United States,

- Dated bank records showing transactions to indicate you were in another country after you left the United States,

- School records showing attendance at a school outside the United States to indicate you were in another country after you left the United States, and

- Dated credit card receipts, showing your name, but, the credit card number deleted, for purchases made after you left the United States to indicate you were in another country after leaving the United States.

To assist us in understanding the situation and correct your records quickly, please include an explanation letter in English. Your statement will not be acceptable without supporting evidence such as noted above. You must mail legible copies or original materials where possible. If you send original materials, you should retain a copy. CBP cannot return original materials after processing.

We strongly urge you to keep a copy of what you send to DHS-CBP and carry it with you the next time you come to the United States in case the CBP Officer has any questions about your eligibility to enter. Carrying those materials with you will also allow your record to be corrected at the time of entry if, for some reason, the Akon, Ohio office has not yet done so.

If taking short trips (30 days or less) to Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean Islands during the course of your visit to the U.S., hold onto your I-94 or I-94 (W); it should only be turned in when you leave the U.S. to return home.

Delays beyond the traveler's control, such as cancelled or delayed flights, medical emergencies requiring a doctor's care, etc. are not considered unauthorized overstays, however, you will need to bring proof of the cause of your overstay next time you travel to the U.S. in order for it to be forgiven. For airline delays, ask the airline for a letter affirming the delay or a copy of your cancelled boarding pass.
Old 26 Apr 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Pottery,

The OP did not overstay. Her departure wasn’t marked against her ESTA - some error at the airport maybe, or wherever the ESTA is updated to show departure date.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List