Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

The Blake-woods: 'you couldn't make it up' trip! Day 4

Friday 16th Feb, 2018

After pretty much 20hrs in bed, I thought I would have been up for wandering the parks today...turns out that wasn't the case

Breakfast for the kids was in the villa and consisted of pop-tarts, lucky charms and soft batch cookies! - no complaints there but not very good when you've got a ddp!

We went down to the pool but i managed all of 30min and crawled back to bed. I felt worse! maybe it was the heat? or maybe the antibiotics hadn't kicked in yet?

My guilt for ruining what was our holiday of a lifetime was starting to get to me, that and the fact i was feeling very sorry for myself. I was so upset and I know Jase was putting on a brave face. We had 2 more nights onsite and with a ddp and so far it was a wash out (nobodys fault i know, but still... )

The kids and Jason had burgers/chicken tenders and fries for lunch - standard Disney fayre (he drove us round to hospitality so i could at least sit with them - certainly couldn't have walked!

They then spent some more time in the hotels main pool with a fab mickey slide!

As I hadn't eaten in 2 days, I was feeling really sickly and thought maybe it's because I need something to eat. I had only been having the odd sip of luke warm water... we already had an ADR for trails end and thought perhaps it would be easy to get me there as I could possibly be dropped off outside the door?

erm...no! turns out its not easy to get to at all After what feels like a life time on a disney bus (was very busy!) we got there and I was thankful for the rocking chairs outside as I couldn't have stood for the 15min we had to wait

Inside, the food looked and smelled amazing! the kids didn't seem too pleased with the offerings to be honest but we are on holiday and it wasn't going so well so if you only have a little dinner but a million desserts, so be it I attempted a glass of wine but couldn't (crikey i must be ill) so had a cup of tea (typical english!) i managed a little piece of chicken with the crispy coating taken off and a moutful of mash but that was it...my throat felt like it was closing i wanted to get back...

Trails End would be on my list for the next trip but the kids just aren't fussed. We have it on our 'one day' holiday for when just the two of us go. Jason loved it!

Back at OKW, i headed for bed. The kids sat up and watched tv and chilled. I promised tomorrow would be a better day - even if i have to drag myself, we will at least make it to DS.

At around 3am I woke up with my mouth feeling really strange...my tongue felt HUGE! I wobbled into the bathroom (feeling as if I had 2bottles of wine!) and proceeded to projectile vomit EVERYWHERE! (sorry TMI!) I ran myself a bath, being mindful not to wake anyone, I was so cold I ended up running it too hot which made me feel worse...could this get much worse?

Now do you see why its called 'you couldn't make it up'
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I feel a bit bad “liking” your report when you were so poorly. ! I really hope you get to enjoy some of your holiday.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Sounds horrendous! Hope your holiday gets better tomorrow x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I feel a bit bad “liking” your report when you were so poorly. ! I really hope you get to enjoy some of your holiday.
Lol I know what you mean! Xx
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh dear. What a shame. Hoping the others didn’t get it?
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh gosh it seems to be getting worse really hope it didn’t last much longer
Old 19 May 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still feeling so ill. I hope that you get to feel much better soon.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

oh no, I was going to say thank goodness for insurance and that it sounds like you were getting better until I read the last line.

Thank you for posting, hopefully the delay has made you remember the good bits of the holiday!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

Oh Hun
I am so sorry to hear how unwell you were. Im hoping to read you went back to the doctors for different antibiotics to help
xx
Old 21 May 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t wait for day 5! X