Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Herbiefish
Proud to wear my Ears

Upgrading dining plan

Hi, we’ve booked with the half board plus plan. What I’m trying to find out is whether we can pay extra when there to eat from the premium menu for 1 night or whether 1 or 2 of our party can do that. Does anyone know?

Also any recommendations for a 40th birthday dinner while we are there?

Thanks
Herbiefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SillyPickle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

You can use your plus vouchers at face value towards a premium meal, but the type of meal plan you get is related to the hotel you stay in so I don't think you can upgrade it.
SillyPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Herbiefish View Post
Hi, we’ve booked with the half board plus plan. What I’m trying to find out is whether we can pay extra when there to eat from the premium menu for 1 night or whether 1 or 2 of our party can do that. Does anyone know?

Also any recommendations for a 40th birthday dinner while we are there?

Thanks
You can upgrade the plus half board to either plus full board or premium half board. You would have to do this for the duration of your stay and for all guests.
It possibly is better value to just use the plus credits against premium restaurants at their face value.
That is 37Euros per adult and 18Euros per child (3-9).

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I enquired about this on the phone with Disney yesterday: wanted to upgrade our free half board plus to premium half board as was happy to pay the difference but got told you can’t upgrade to another level, you can only pay the difference at the restaurants at the time of the meal if eating from premium menus.
Tigger mad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigger mad View Post
I enquired about this on the phone with Disney yesterday: wanted to upgrade our free half board plus to premium half board as was happy to pay the difference but got told you can’t upgrade to another level, you can only pay the difference at the restaurants at the time of the meal if eating from premium menus.
This is correct. You can use it as face value credit in the upgrade restaurant. We had standard half board. When we used the credit in a plus restaurant we also lost the free drink it came with. Just bear in mind it isn’t just the cost of the upgrade you also have to buy your drink.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
This is correct. You can use it as face value credit in the upgrade restaurant. We had standard half board. When we used the credit in a plus restaurant we also lost the free drink it came with. Just bear in mind it isn’t just the cost of the upgrade you also have to buy your drink.
Yes, but during the booking process (online) you can also upgrade your plus to premium.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That’s a good change then because I’m sure last year we could only upgrade to full board. If you are booking character breakfasts it is a good deal. Having a look at the prices though they are now way more than we paid.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think if you pay for your dining plan you could upgrade it, but if it's free you can't, once booked. I'm unsure why, because I'm pretty sure that, as someone previously said, they give you the option to upgrade your free plus plan to premium while booking.

It sounds like paying the extra in the restaurant would suit the original poster's query, as if only some of the party want to use the premium option on any particular menu, then only theirs would be worth having that plan.

Just to add, if you pay the extra to have premium options you'd have to pay for any drinks for that particular person. When using the plan your meal includes a drink. When using the credits as face value you don't get that perk. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List