Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
half board upgrades etc

I really do not understand how this works

staying at the Newport Bay includes Half board
upgrade to full board plus

it says

When you arrive, you will receive three vouchers per person per night: one voucher for breakfast, valid for the buffet in your hotel and two meal vouchers valid for lunch and dinner in a selection of table-service or all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants
so that's buffet in the hotel. two other meals

What I do not understand is what is the voucher value?

For instance if I look at the menu for the yacht club
with the Plus sign, it is the

Régate Menu
Starter, Main Course and Dessert € 46.99
Wine included € 66.99

or

with no sign,

Grand Voile Menu
Starter, Main Course and Dessert € 55.99
Wine included € 75.99

The California Grill, has a sign for Premium? so I cannot eat here?

It seems very muddled
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

This may help

disneylandparis/en-g...es/meal-plans/

Basically you get buffet or Set Menus. The voucher has no value, you choose anything from the set menu.

You pay for any extras outside of the voucher.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 01:59 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
This may help

disneylandparis/en-g...es/meal-plans/

Basically you get buffet or Set Menus. The voucher has no value, you choose anything from the set menu.

You pay for any extras outside of the voucher.
I’m see it’s set menu. Set buffet that kind of makes sense, so the California grill for instance is only on the premium voucher I’d have to pay off plan to eat there

I’m not liking this DLP way of doing things
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SillyPickle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

You can use your plus plan voucher in California Grill, but only at it's face value, I'm not sure what they're worth at the moment, it used to be about €35. You get more value from the voucher (which aren't actually paper vouchers any more, but loaded onto a creditcard type card) using it in the "right" restaurants as they will include the set menu and a soft drink, which costs more than the face value of the voucher.
SillyPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

So there are a few ways you can use your dining vouchers (or credits) at DLP.

First off - before paying for an upgrade from half board to full board - be sure you would actually eat that much food. Many find that the reality of eating a buffet breakfast and then two three course meals and/or buffets per day ends up being too much.

Often you can comfortably get by with filling up on breakfast and perhaps just having a snack for lunch for example. This will save you cash on the upgrade.

Also bear in mind that a table service meal is going to take around 2hrs out of your day. They do not rush meals in France and the pace is often slow. So factor that in as to whether you are happy to lose that much park time out of your visit.

In terms of actually using the meal plan credits. You get your buffet breakfast in the hotel each morning - that's the easy bit.

For your lunch/dinner voucher you can either use it to cover a Plus level restaurant meal (either at a buffet or table service restaurant). For buffets you get all you can eat plus one soft drink, for table service it is a three course set menu plus one soft drink.

If you want to dine at a premium category restaurant - or you don't like the look of the set menu in a plus restaurant and want to go a la carte you can do that. The dining credits have a 'face value' for this purpose.

It is around €37 for adults and €18 for for kids. So, if for example you chose to eat at Cafe Mickey which is a premium restaurant costing €65 for the set menu, you would use your dining credit worth €37 and pay an extra €28 on top. Be aware if you go down this route that your included soft drink is no more, and you need to also pay for drinks on top.

I hope that all makes sense.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List