Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 May 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Best placed hotel for Hollywood Studios

I'm looking at booking one night on site at Disney during our October visit, primarily so that we can take advantage of the extra magic hours for Galaxys Edge. It will also be our first visit since toy story land opened, which we want to see at night if possible.

We also haven't seen Pandora, so may try to do one say AK and the next do a 6am start at HS.

Which on site hotel is best placed for easy access to Hollywood Studios? Are there any hotels placed nicely for both HS and AK?

We have never stayed on site at Disney, so even though this is just for the one night any tips, hints and advice is welcome.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post

I don't think I would say any hotels are placed particularly nicely for both HS and AK. However you will be bus-ing or driving around anyway and I have never noticed any journeys to be significantly worse / longer than any other. So it isn't something I would particularly worry about, you are talking about a few extra minutes.

I think Boardwalk / BC / YC are best placed for HS. Some will walk it, although that would be a bit too much of a walk for me in Florida weather. Boardwalk is slightly nearer than the other two.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think I'd stay at Broadwalk/beech or Yatch- for an early 6am start at HS
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

If you're looking for a moderate Caribbean Beach Resort would probably be best as it is close and on the Skyliner route to Epcot and HS when it opens.
Or look at other hotels that are also on the Skyliner route.
Where ever you stay it will be a bus to AK even from AKL.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, we will have a car so that's an option for hotel to park transport if needed, and we will probably do that for the early start at least.

I will check out the boardwalk hotels and also Caribbean Beach. We won't spend much, if any, time around the hotel itself with only 1 night so ease of access takes priority over facilities.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

if your going to be driving i wouldnt think location would really make much difference and if your not looking to spend much time there maybe look at the values?
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bex85chelt View Post
if your going to be driving i wouldnt think location would really make much difference and if your not looking to spend much time there maybe look at the values?
We will have the car but ideally would prefer not to need it, I was thinking that for 6am EEMH it would be worth it, but if we could leave it parked up the rest of the time that would be ideal. In essence though you are right.

Thanks Duchy, no kids and as it is just one night the dining plan is off the table. I will take a look at the Swan & Dolphin.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
Old 15 May 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Any of Beach Club, Yacht, Boardwalk or the non Disney Swan and Dolphin all are walking distance of the Studios (there's also a water launch) Animal Kingdom is walking distance of no hotels.

As you are booking for this year so unlikely to be looking for free dining you may find the Swan Dolphin far more reasonable (watch for resort fees though) and both are really nice. My first choice would be the Boardwalk for adults but Beachclub if travelling with kids.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

We booked a couple of nights at the Yacht Club so we could walk to DHS, I was assuming traffic would be chaos and buses might not be running as early as we wanted.
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 03:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
We booked a couple of nights at the Yacht Club so we could walk to DHS, I was assuming traffic would be chaos and buses might not be running as early as we wanted.
We stayed at Yacht Club earlier this year and I really could not walk that far in Florida heat and humidity (I am a bit if a wuss about humidity). It is nice to walk to Epcot but Hollywood Studios is quite a bit further to walk and was a boat for me!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List