Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Apr 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are planning on doing the same thing next August, one night value then over to BC for 5 nights and fd. My eldest DS loves to try out different resorts so it’ll be fun to check out one that we haven’t been to before.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve done it quite a few times. No problems and saves mondy. The early morning due to flight times helps
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

We did it before, 1 night at POR then transferred to AKL. It was super easy, we just made sure we had a packing cube or carrier bag with 1 change of clothes in, in the morning got up v early, kids had a quick swim in the quiet pool, then dropped luggage at Bell services fo9r transfer, and went to AKL to check in and hit the park!
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have a split stay coming up as I managed to get reward flights a couple of days before the original booking. I had assumed our Park tickets and dining plan will just activate on our magic bands on the morning of the check in day at the second resort, but the OP mentioned having to go to the resort to check in. Do I nee to rethink our plans that day?
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alice Disney View Post
I am planning on 1 night in a value resort at each end of my holiday (middle section is in moderate with free DP). The reason I am doing this is...

a) The first day is a waste of dining plan. When we land we aren't very hungry. Just want to swim, grab a snack, then bed. So it suits us for our DP to start on day 2.
b) with jet lag we are always awake really early that first morning so very happy to check out & leave luggage with bell services to transport to our moderate resort. We go check in & enjoy a morning at parks.
c) Get free magic bands with each check in so 3 pp for us.
d) save money by having 1st & last nights in a value so it enables us to prolong the holiday a bit. We book the 2 individual nights at value resorts using hotel.com rewards so doesn't cost real money.
e) At the end of the holiday, the free dining plan lasts right up to midnight on the day check out of our moderate. Therefore even once we head to our value for the last night, we are still free dining till bedtime. It's just the morning we fly home that we have no DP for, which is fine as we never want to each much that day & we have a stash of snacks from using up DP credits anyway. This way every single day of our dining plan is a FULL day to give us the best chance of using up credits.
f) We really like to experience different resorts. We pack with this in mind so we aren't opening multiple suitcases for 1 night stays.

I know this kind of resort hopping isn't for everyone, but we like it.
Glad it works for you but just reading about it brings me out in hives... I HATE packing and unpacking and living out of a suitcase. I love getting the room all straight the first night and not touching suitcases again till the last day. I know I am a bit ≈≈≈≈ though! Also the perks for you aren’t really stuff we care about - we easily max out our dining plan and also don’t need 3 magic bands each.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nicklet
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
We have a split stay coming up as I managed to get reward flights a couple of days before the original booking. I had assumed our Park tickets and dining plan will just activate on our magic bands on the morning of the check in day at the second resort, but the OP mentioned having to go to the resort to check in. Do I nee to rethink our plans that day?
Yes if you do online check in everything should be on your mb early in the morning, we have done this twice and each time the tickets and ddp was added around 7am.
nicklet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List