Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Apr 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Prices for Disney Springs hotels 2020

I’m waiting impatiently for Thursday and trying out lots of different combinations of hotels etc. Do the hotels outside of Disney, near Disney Springs, still offer extra magic hours and 60 day fast passes? If so, can anyone recommend good ones for 2 adults and where the best places are to go to price up for August 2020 please? I’ve tried the Disney holidays website but they’re not showing any availability on there for partner hotels. Just want to have a good overview of all options before booking opens for free dining later in the week. Thanks 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkS
Proud to wear my Ears

Ive taken a look at some of these hotels through Trivago - they did have resort fees though, sometimes $25 per night which put me off. Not sure if that applies if you booked them through Disney though.
VikkS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by VikkS View Post
Ive taken a look at some of these hotels through Trivago - they did have resort fees though, sometimes $25 per night which put me off. Not sure if that applies if you booked them through Disney though.
Thanks. Can you look this far out yet? I’m not getting anything beyond April next year. Probably I’m looking in the wrong places
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Thanks. Can you look this far out yet? I’m not getting anything beyond April next year. Probably I’m looking in the wrong places
Please note that free dining won't apply for Disney Springs hotels... as they're not official Disney resorts.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Please note that free dining won't apply for Disney Springs hotels... as they're not official Disney resorts.
Thanks. Just trying to weigh up the cost of staying on site with free ddp and staying in an outside hotel and paying oop. It’s cheaper to stay offsite, of course, but is it enough of a saving to be worth it?
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. Just trying to weigh up the cost of staying on site with free ddp and staying in an outside hotel and paying oop. It’s cheaper to stay offsite, of course, but is it enough of a saving to be worth it?
I've looked at all options for September 2020, and in the end I found that it's about the same if you get free dining at a moderate Disney resort or offsite even on International Drive and paying OOP for food, transport and parking. And Disney Springs hotels are pricier than Int. Drive hotels...
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I've looked at all options for September 2020, and in the end I found that it's about the same if you get free dining at a moderate Disney resort or offsite even on International Drive and paying OOP for food, transport and parking. And Disney Springs hotels are pricier than Int. Drive hotels...
Fab, thanks. I’m surprisingly coming to similar conclusions which I didn’t think would happen. I assumed staying offsite would be much cheaper. Thank you for that 😊
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Fab, thanks. I’m surprisingly coming to similar conclusions which I didn’t think would happen. I assumed staying offsite would be much cheaper. Thank you for that 😊
It would be much cheaper if saving on food all the time but I like to enjoy myself when there! 😀
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Me too! So many snacks 🤤🤤
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

You could always look at a split stay?

We've often done this as we don't like staying in the 1 resort for the 3 weeks we go.
Also, groupon and mousesavers usually have last minute deals on some disney springs hotels. The doubletree suites and wyndham feature regularly.

we got the lake buena vista palace (now hilton LBV palace) for a brilliant rate and because we prepaid, they waived the daily fee and upgraded us to a higher floor with a view over downtown disney(now disney springs). Found the deal on a groupon.com link.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List