Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile DLP age/height restrictions - 2-3 year old?

Hi,

I took my eldest child to DLP twice (at nearly-four and at five). I’m trying to plan a return trip, now with two children and a six-year gap, and am trying to balance making sure the little one is big enough but the big one isn’t yet too big and too cool for the ‘smaller kid’ stuff...

Does anyone have recent-ish experience of taking a 2-3 year old, what rides they can/can’t do etc? I’m thinking of stuff like IASW, Peter Pan, Buzz etc, which I know I didn’t even stop to think about with nearly-4yo but maybe 2yo might be a different matter... but if I wait til she’s pushing 4 then he’ll be pushing 10 and we might miss the window where they can both enjoy the ‘small kid Disney’ stuff together and have to wait til she’s definitely big enough to both manage ‘big kid Disney’ with the big coasters and whatnot.

It’s quite possible I’d be the only adult, so need to really know what would or wouldn’t be possible to do with the little one since we wouldn’t be able to split up and take a ‘one adult per child’ approach.

Toddler is super biddable and robust, 7yo is really understanding with his sister and also still youthful enough to be mainly about the younger rides, exploring the parks, watching the parades/fireworks, meeting characters etc - it could be a magical holiday! Or it could be an awful few days with the eldest feeling disappointed, me feeling overstretched, and paying through the nose for the privilege!

Really grateful for any thoughts!
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Can you measure your toddler? Then you'll have a list of what she could ride if you went tomorrow and you could estimate for what she might grow into by the time of your trip.

Height restricted things...
She'd probably clear the lowest height requirement - Toy Solider Parachutes and Autopia (if it's reopened when you go)
But she'll need to be taller to do Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mountain, Star Tours, Crush's Coaster, RC Racer, Space Mountain, and Indiana Jones. I would hazard a guess that those are all out unless she is tall for her age. My five year old is a shortie and only just grew tall enough for ToT, BTM, and ST this past summer.

But there is a LOT left then that doesn't have a height requirement. Ratatouille will be awesome for them both and Slinky Dog and Casey Junior are like kid thrills - still fun at 7 I think unless you've got a serious adrenaline junkie. Plus you could fill a day with just characters, parades, and shows really. So if you planned mostly characters, parades, shows, and snacks and then through in a handful of rides plus Illuminations in the evening, you have plenty to do.

Small World, Peter Pan, Buzz, Tea Cups, Pirates (and the island to run around!), Treehouse, Storybook Boats (this one may or may not be the 7 year old's cup of tea, but it's break from walking around!), Phantom Manor (assuming neither are easily spooked), Dumbo, Carousel, Nautilus walk through, Orbitron, Snow White, Pinocchio, Flying Carpets, Tram Tour, Aladdin walk through... plus parade, shows, character meets, Illuminations. And eating.

I think you're good! Though it is worth knowing I don't think there is a bad age to go, so others may be more critical. I say go at any and all ages possible.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I took my youngest last year when she was 2 and my other Daughter was 11.There was so much we could all go on together, our favourites were:

It's a small world
Buzz
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Pirates of the Carribean
Slinky Dog
Parachute Drop
Flying Carpets
Teacups

We also spent lots of time exploring Adventure Isle and doing all the walk throughs (aladdin was their favourite).
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

The carousel is restricted to the 'sleigh' for shorter ones too, this might mean to miss a queue rotation if they are full. My two (when they were younger) loved orbitron at night. We did find that the height requirement was strict; not complaining, merely observing.

In the studios there was slinky dog, carpets, cars spin and ratatouille. I would take ear defenders for action moteurs (we did on advice and were grateful!). There are good shows too.

Edited at 08:33 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
The carousel is restricted to the 'sleigh' for shorter ones too, this might mean to miss a queue rotation if they are full. My two (when they were younger) loved orbitron at night. We did find that the height requirement was strict; not complaining, merely observing.

In the studios there was slinky dog, carpets, cars spin and ratatouille. I would take ear defenders for action moteurs (we did on advice and were grateful!). There are good shows too.
My little boy rode on a horse several times in May at 18mths and again at the weekend at age 2yrs. No height restriction as there were loads of similar sized infants on. DH stood next to him (by choice) as we weren't completely positive he wouldn't try and get off 😂
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I was going to say, we were there last week and my 18 month old was told he had to go on a horse with me standing next to him on the carousel

We went on loads of rides though, we spent one full day doing rides together with all he was able to go on so I don’t think you’ll be too restricted
Old 4 Jan 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
suzyandperla
I want to go now!

Mobile

You won't be short of rides to do. I am just back with my 2 year old and he enjoyed Buzz, orbitron, autopia, dumbo, carousel, Peter pans flight, teacups, casey jr, IASW, parachute drop, slinky dog, rataouille, cars and flying carpets. The only ride he didn't like was the pirates of the Caribbean.

There was also lots of shows to take in as well. I was worried like you before we went as there is a 5 year age gap between my two, but I found we could do most things together as a family which was great and then split for some one on one time when eldest wanted to do BTM for example.
suzyandperla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
suzyandperla
I want to go now!

Mobile

Oh and 2 year old rode a horse last month several times with one of us standing beside him.
suzyandperla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

This is all so reassuring - thanks all!

Now I just need to find the funds I guess!
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JenM
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Shouldn't be a massive issue in regards height restrictions. I had my 11 month old there.(tall and walking) And he was able to go on:
Peter pans flight
Buzz lightyear
Dumbo
Teacups
Casey's train
Pirates of the Caribbean
Small world
Flying carpets
Slinky dog
Carousel
Might have been 1 or 2 more that I am forgetting.
JenM is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List