Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Dec 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile Where would you stay?

I have a four year old who is desperate to go back to Paris. We’re tied to school holidays, so based on recommendations from here, we’ve more or less decided that May half term is the best time to go.

The spanner in the works so to speak is that we will also have a three month old then!

Previously we’ve always stayed on site. I love being able to walk to the parks, having EMH, and the knowledge that if something goes wrong, Disney staff are generally far more likely to do something about it.

But having had one child who didn’t sleep very well, we’re concerned that the four of us in one room might not be the best idea, as we don’t want the baby to wake the four year old or vice versa.

So our options are:
Davy Crockett booked through the french site: £1360
Obviously the separate bedroom would be a huge advantage but my concern is that needing to drive gives us less flexibility, and limits meal time options (were not really an all you can eat buffet kind of family).

Off site with magic flex annual passes at £767. Aparthotel to be determined. I like the look of val d’europe but the trip advisor reviews on the Hipark and Adagio are terrible. I don’t necessarily need lots of amenities but I do want it to be spotless. We won’t be in the ‘it’s just a bed and we’ll be out all day’ camp any more. Because of most school holidays being blacked out we’re highly unlikely to do another trip (Feb half term would be our only possibility).

Suck it up and stay in one room on site. Santa Fe £1076, Cheyenne £1342, Newport Bay around £1450.

All opinions welcome. I’m just going round in circles 🤦🏻
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We had a break at the residhome aparthotel in val d europe. It was excellent. Its over the road from the rer (strikes had shut the station though). Uber was just over 8eu.

Its clean and spacious with decent kitchen area. 5 mins walk to monop corner store, 10 to the massive auchan.

May half term is a good compromise for crowds. Personally i would get in as early as possible and break earlier. Perhaps go back for fireworks after resting. Factoring in uber costs into cheaper room coats this can actually be quicker than the buses for the onsite partner hotels.

Onsite hotels are better with young children and babies as you can get from park to your hotel quicker.

My advice is take a travel kettle to warm up bottles (or milk etc), we had a 7mo as the youngest (our second) and was doable, we stopped onsite at the cheyenne then and it was good to be able to get back to the room.

Edited at 11:23 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve stayed at Davy Crockett twice and love it. The space really helps especially with children. We also like the self catering facilities. We didn’t cook in there but it did mean we could take sandwiches and snacks to the parks (eating helped entertain and distract my son in the queues). We also like the pool there and was great to come back earlier from the parks and use the pool. Having the car helped us to break the days up too and went back to the lodge or shopping.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Not sure what you mean when you say staying at Davy Crockett limits meals? You can eat at other restaurants at Disney - you can pay to upgrade from the buffets or you could not have the meal plan at all. The great thing about Davy Crockett is the cooking facilities.
I do prefer staying onsite, but Davy Crockett is only a 10 minute drive away which isn't bad at all. I don't think it reduces flexibility too much. I do recommend it as you have two bathrooms, a living area and the pool is the best Disney pool (except Villages Nature).

Have you thought about maybe getting connecting rooms instead of just one at Disney or maybe a partner hotel? I stayed at Hipark and had a bad experience. I've also stayed at Sejours et Affaires a few years ago and it was spotless, but very basic.
MissJRabbit is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
We had a break at the residhome aparthotel in val d europe. It was excellent. Its over the road from the rer (strikes had shut the station though). Uber was just over 8eu.

Its clean and spacious with decent kitchen area. 5 mins walk to monop corner store, 10 to the massive auchan.

May half term is a good compromise for crowds. Personally i would get in as early as possible and break earlier. Perhaps go back for fireworks after resting. Factoring in uber costs into cheaper room coats this can actually be quicker than the buses for the onsite partner hotels.

Onsite hotels are better with young children and babies as you can get from park to your hotel quicker.

My advice is take a travel kettle to warm up bottles (or milk etc), we had a 7mo as the youngest (our second) and was doable, we stopped onsite at the cheyenne then and it was good to be able to get back to the room.
Thank you. Reassuring to know that someone else has managed in a single room!
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
We’ve stayed at Davy Crockett twice and love it. The space really helps especially with children. We also like the self catering facilities. We didn’t cook in there but it did mean we could take sandwiches and snacks to the parks (eating helped entertain and distract my son in the queues). We also like the pool there and was great to come back earlier from the parks and use the pool. Having the car helped us to break the days up too and went back to the lodge or shopping.
Thank you. I think the pool looks fantastic, I'm sure my four year old would love it.
Old 30 Dec 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Unfortunately two connecting rooms even in the Santa Fe is just far too expensive, though I agree that would probably be the ideal option!

With regards to the limiting meals, I just meant that I find the thought of being able to walk to the village much easier than only having one restaurant within walking distance.
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Do not stay at hipark if you want clean. I just got back from there, the carpet was disgusting and the kitchen sink didn’t drain for over 12 hours leading to a terrible smell in the apartment

It was sufficient for me who did just need a bed at night but I wouldn’t book there again
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

To answer your question though, val d’europe was a good location but it depends on how frequently you’ll be back and forth throughout the day. The shuttles for my hotel were coaches, and my son is still in a pram, so folding it down and getting him and all our stuff on and off the coach on my own was too much so I ended up walking back and forth. It was only a 20 minute walk but once a day was enough - I was still doing 20k steps that was so had I gone back during the day for naps I think I’d have been in agony. Bare that in mind if you have your little one in a pram. Last time I visited in 2011 I stayed in another apartment in VDE but sadly can’t remember which one it was. They had proper shuttle buses and we could roll the pram straight onto the bus which was great. This time, I just couldn’t empty everything from under the pram, fold it up while holding a wriggly toddler.

I’d be inclined to stay on site in future for this reason
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dancingelkhound View Post
Thank you. Reassuring to know that someone else has managed in a single room!
Just a note that whilst the onsite hotels are single rooms, the resihome had a separate bedroom and a combined through living room and dining/kitchen area. The sofa was a decent metal action pull out bed. Suitable for our two dd's. There would be enough room for a travel cot in the main area but not the bedroom.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List