Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
We’ve just come back from Villages Nature where you can get 2/3/4 bed lodges which would suit bigger family. It wasn’t cheap as we were there for new year, but you could hit lucky in May as I guess UK hols are different to European ones at that time.
If you book VN through Disney you can get 2 days with dining, parking and EMH included. We booked through Expedia as Disney didn’t have 4 bed lodge available and bought 3 day tickets separately. We took breakfast from home and made sandwiches to take to the parks and only bought one fast food meal in parks which not only kept price down but also saved big queues for food.
If you don’t want to drive from VN to Disney there is a great shuttle bus every half hour for 2 Euro per adult, kids free. It was never full and very punctual.
Agree with other poster that we spent a full day in Studios with plenty to do and didn’t do Crush or ToT (we are wimps) or Frozen show (over an hour queue all day). However I’ve never understood people who said HS in Florida was half day park either as we filled a 12 hour day there without any thrill rides. We spent a day and 3/4 in the main park.
Yes, we have always spent a full day in MGM too (I’m old school...lol)

Where did you buy your 3 day passes from? I’m so used to buying them from various websites for WDW, is it just the case that you buy them direct from DLP website?

Everyone’s been so helpful, I’m starting to piece it all together now. Thank you 😊
Wishes2013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wishes2013 View Post
Yes, we have always spent a full day in MGM too (I’m old school...lol)

Where did you buy your 3 day passes from? I’m so used to buying them from various websites for WDW, is it just the case that you buy them direct from DLP website?

Everyone’s been so helpful, I’m starting to piece it all together now. Thank you 😊
Most of the ticket websites are around £10 pp cheaper than direct. We used attractiontix.co.uk as they had a Black Friday offer on and were about £20pp cheaper than Disney. However, they were e tickets which I hadn’t realised needed to be exchanged (they had barcodes so I thought were gate ready) and we wasted 40 mins first morning in a huge queue to do this. If I’d known I would’ve popped there the night before.
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, I got an email this morning from 365 tickets they are doing adult tickets for child prices £42.61 each.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Wait until after 31st January and the Pound will strengthen and make the US far cheaper option

Originally Posted by Wishes2013 View Post
are making it a lot more expensive for us now.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Wait until after 31st January and the Pound will strengthen and make the US far cheaper option
Don’t tempt me Sprockett. Although realistically we are looking at £7.5k at the cheapest for Florida, DLP is coming in at around £1.8k. I guess per night it probably isn’t much different (14 nights versus 4 nights). We last went to Florida 6 years ago, when it only cost not much over £3k, but 2 extra children, school holiday restrictions and the rubbish £ are making it so much more expensive.

Maybe the £ will strengthen this year and we can do WDW again next year when our little ones are that little bit older. As after all, I think WDW is just as much about us grown ups having a good holiday as well as the kiddies, who may be a little more hard work age 5 than age 6.

Can you tell I’m trying to convince myself...lol!

Edited at 02:30 PM.
Wishes2013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List