Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Mobile David Crockett or Villages Nature

So as a family of 5, driving to DLP, I think either Davy Crockett or Villages Nature might be our best bet as it will give us more space.

Does anyone recommend either of these? Price wise there is not much in it for 4 nights, 3 park days in May half term, whether I book direct with Disney with tickets or book the hotel and tickets through say Expedia. However I do need to factor in that Disney only offer 2 days of park tickets for Villages Nature versus having 5 days for Davy Crockett (even though we would only use 3 days)

Heads spinning trying to make a decision. Villages Nature does look a bit more contemporary which suits us, where as Davy Crockett looks abit rustic and dated (but I guess that’s the theming)

Any thoughts, you’ve all been so helpful.
Wishes2013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I don't have any experience of Davy Crockett's but we went to VNP last year and it was fantastic! Whilst you get less days at DLP there is so much on site so it feels like you are getting two holidays in one! The swimming facilities are brilliant and there is also a lovely farm and great play areas for the kids. We will definitely go back!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve only been to DCR out of those.
Loved our stay at DCR, which surprised us tbh. Loved the tranquility of sitting outside our cabin having a coffee in total peace and quiet. And again, at night after a busy day in the parks.
We had such a great time that we’re going back at Easter.
Not tried the other place, but the park tickets would swing it for me in favour of DCR anyway.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Thanks both, looks like they are both winners...argh...which to choose? !

To be honest the contemporary style of the Villages Nature is more our thing, but the Davy Crockett reviews do seem a little better on trip advisor. I’m wondering if Davy Crockett would be quieter too as I guess we could have people in the rooms above, below etc at Villages Nature.

I think I’m over thinking it all as usual!

Edited at 01:34 PM.
Wishes2013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What we also loved about VNP was how quiet it was around the park... most people are there as a base for DLP so are up and out early to go there leaving few actually on-site using the facilities!

We were on a ground floor apartment and didn't experience any intrusive noise at all from above or next to us
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I haven’t stayed at either, but I don’t think you’d get access to EMH if you were at VNP? That would be a deciding factor for me.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dancingelkhound View Post
I haven’t stayed at either, but I don’t think you’d get access to EMH if you were at VNP? That would be a deciding factor for me.
Lol... we are not early risers, so we’d never make EMH anyway
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

I've stayed at both and they are both really nice. If you haven't been to Disneyland Paris before, I would suggest going for Davy Crockett to have more days at Disney. May half term will be fairly busy and there is a lot to see and do in the parks for more than 2 days. The Davy Crockett pool is the nicest Disney pool in my opinion, but Villages Nature's pool is amazing. When we stayed at Villages Nature we did two days at Disney as our annual passes were running out. I probably wouldn't sacrifice Disney time to stay at Villages Nature, as it is inferior to other Centre Parcs I have stayed at and if that was the holiday I wanted I would go to a different place. The Davy Crockett cabins are quite basic, although very comfy and the place has more of a Disney feel (VN has none). You spend so much time in the parks that you will spend hardly any time at the resort anyway.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Miss J Rabbit, that is a super helpful, thank you for taking time to let me know your thoughts. I think you have swayed me to Davy Crockett, you are right, it is our first time there, it will be nice to spend as much time in the parks as possible without it feeling too rushed. I’m now wondering whether to perhaps extend it to an extra night (5 rather than 4), after all it is such a long way to drive.