Notices

Old 22 Aug 16, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 9 August 2016

Doctor, Doctor!

Today's report is a little light as I had to visit the Doctor, but more of that in a bit.

This morning I was awake at 5.15am as I could hear a noise and I thought it was Nanny and Grandad getting up and getting ready for the beach trip. It wasn't so I got back in to bed but it definitely wasn't to be so I got up. I had a nice cuppa before Grace came out to join us! Everyone was up now and we had a quick breakfast before our time to leave at the pre arranged time of 7am. We were in the car at 6.51am whoop whoop.

Here is the proof to show we were in the car early and look how hot it is before the sun has even come up. 76 degrees! Lovely.

We were on our way to Siesta Key and we were very excited. I had packed the cool box with fruit salad, yoghurt, water and water melon for us to have after our walk along.

The sat nav had a little paddy on the way but I just did my own thing and she sorted herself out. It took us just over an hour to get there.

This is what greeted us when we got there, absolutely beautiful. Sorry about my shadow

This is one of the best beaches and my goodness we now know why. The beach is HUGE and white, very soft sand, shallow water for quite a way and the facilities are fantastic there.

We walked along for about an hour, we found the shells in the top picture, there is certainly not the shells here to be found, but it is certainly worth a visit if you are in the area.

You find a lot of these...but they are alive so you cannot take them...there are lots of these and they are beautiful. Sorry about the pic quality again.

We got back in the car after our fruit feast and set back for home, stopping for milk on the way.
Without giving you all the details I had been suffering from a water infection and just could not shake it and it was starting to affect my holiday so decided I needed to go and see a Dr and get an antibiotic. There was a walk in centre fairly near so after some discussion and a call to the insurance company (which was not worth it) daddy and I decided we would go and wait it out there. You can see online it was a 40 minute wait so that was not so bad. I knew where it was and left Grace with Nanny and Grandad (having fun!) and set out. To cut a long story short we were out 3 hours,saw a lovely Dr for the price of $100 and went to Walmart for the antibiotic $4...

It was not to bad an experience really and it is done now so onwards and upwards...apparently sitting in wet swimming bottoms is one of the causes and this I did not know.

So finally we were home at about 3.15pm I think it was and we put some burgers on the BBQ and I made a salad and finally we were eating.

You can see in this picture, just! That it was 94 degrees on the way back in the car!

We had a couple of hours by the pool before getting showered up and now I am writing the report, but I must go and put Grace to bed so will finish this in a bit.

So Grace went down by 7.15pm and Daddy and I had decided to go out for some supplies, despite it being the last thing I really wanted to do, but we had run out of water so back to Walmart we went.

I knew we would be passing Dollar Tree on the way and Nanny had asked for some shower gel so I was like, right lets have a look in there! We got the shower gel, deodorant, some foil trays for the BBQ and some toilet rolls, oh and some washing liquid as we were about to run out. We did really well and I must make a mental note to go there first as some of it is much cheaper than Walmart.

Off to Walmart after that and we actually enjoyed our walk round there. We even got a couple of things we wanted to bring home too otherwise I find it is always a mad rush to get everything.

We were back home, laden with yet more fruit amongst other things at 9.10pm, so we had a quick sandwich by the pool and discussed our departure time for the morning.
Tomorrow we are off to Ellenton Outlets...I am super excited so hopefully I will have enough energy after shopping till I drop to write day 10
You may even get some pics of the purchases... see you then.

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 22 Aug 16 11:47 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I feel your pain, it's so draining having a infection of that sort. What a gorgeously quiet beach and some lovely shells.

Hope you're feeling a lot better and enjoy your shopping.
Old 23 Aug 16, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you got yourself sorted at the Doctors not a nice thing to have on holiday!

Joan
Old 23 Aug 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Loving this we are off to siesta key next week for 2 days and was hoping the beach was amazing like the reviews.

Glad you got sorted at the doctors
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Enjoying reading about your chilled out, realxing holiday - that beach looks fantastic and hope your infection clears up soon. Thanks for sharing
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
I feel your pain, it's so draining having a infection of that sort. What a gorgeously quiet beach and some lovely shells.

Hope you're feeling a lot better and enjoy your shopping.
Lovely beach trip, everywhere seems quiet so I am not complaining 😀
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Glad you got yourself sorted at the Doctors not a nice thing to have on holiday!

Joan
Thanks, it was def the best thing to get it sorted, all done now
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by feelingnuts View Post
Loving this we are off to siesta key next week for 2 days and was hoping the beach was amazing like the reviews.

Glad you got sorted at the doctors
You will not be disappointed, hope you enjoy it as much as we did
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Enjoying reading about your chilled out, realxing holiday - that beach looks fantastic and hope your infection clears up soon. Thanks for sharing
Thanks and feeling much better now, thanks for reading