Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Aug 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Wappum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are a family of five (kids are 15,11 and 5) and we fly hand luggage only. We have 3 Cabin Max backpacks and then a boosterpak car seat that has a bit of storage space too and that’s all we take. Similar reason to a previous poster in that we travel around a bit and take internal flights (we are doing California, Florida, Cruise and then NY this year) and I hate waiting around for suitcases
I’m an early riser on holiday so don’t mind seeking out laundry rooms to do some washing, the kids live in swimmers and t-shirts which are easy to pack, wash and dry and mine and my husbands clothes are only T-shirt’s/shorts. We don’t take loads of shoes, I buy sunscream there and all my makeup is powder or under 100ml
We aren’t shoppers either (probably why we don’t have enough clothes to fill suitcases) and the kids generally don’t want to bring much back so we find it suits us
Wappum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I also find it quite liberating. Plus if the airlines are going to charge to check a bag then they are encouraging people to bring their cases on board.

We bought new 4 wheeled cases which stand up happily by thenselves and are no hassle to have with us airside.

We had to check our bags on our final flight as it was very full and we had to wait ages for them to come of the carousel. It reminded me how much I like just walking straight out of the terminal.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hand baggage only is fabulous!

I try to travel that way as much as possible. Holiday clothes take up little space and it's easy to get things washed there.

Now that I have Global Entry too I can be off the plane and out of the airport in a flash. Brilliant.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It was a great feeling a couple of weeks back, going Aircraft door, through immigration and into a taxi in 20 minutes or so from coach class in Boston. The reclaim hadn’t even fired up as we were heading for the exit.

Likewise, off and straight out at Dayton and Orlando.

Liberating is the right word! Normally negotiating an airport is akin to swimming in glue.

Unless rules change, it is highly unlikely that I will return to hold baggage.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did this for 2 weeks in Florida in April. I actually preferred it in the end. It saved about £250 in baggage fees and was actually much easier.
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m seriously considering this too for our next holiday (we need to wait until our youngest is out of the baby stage first though - too much equipment for just cabin bags!). We normally stay in places that have laundry facilities anyway. I’ll just have to resist shopping...