Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 28 Jun 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Our local church does a collection every couple of weeks. They put a list out for what they need. This time it was sponge puddings, tinned fruit, tinned meat, rice pudding, long life milk. I add a few more bits such as sweets and biscuits as long as they aren’t perishable
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can I just do a quick plug for Hands on Hands out.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Trussell Trust website has a list of things they need, or you could ring your local branch and ask if there’s anything they need.

I can only add that I see a lot of people who come to CAB to ask for a voucher to go to the food banks as I’m a CAB advisor. They often chat and mention things they need, women’s sanitary items, shampoo, pet food and cereals are often mentioned as things they would be grateful for.
Our Trussell food bank publishes a list on their website of what they need. Often things like tinned steamed pudds , tins of Fruit (eg sliced peaches), small tins of Carnation milk, custard, rice pud etc. Long life fruit juice.

I texted them last week to ask about women’s sanitary products because they’ve never appeared on their list. They do need them, no idea why they don’t ask for them. They also ask for large pull-up nappies, ages 4 & 5 y/o, so perhaps a family who goes to the FB has a child who needs them.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Our Trussell food bank publishes a list on their website of what they need. Often things like tinned steamed pudds , tins of Fruit (eg sliced peaches), small tins of Carnation milk, custard, rice pud etc. Long life fruit juice.

I texted them last week to ask about women’s sanitary products because they’ve never appeared on their list. They do need them, no idea why they don’t ask for them. They also ask for large pull-up nappies, ages 4 & 5 y/o, so perhaps a family who goes to the FB has a child who needs them.
It does seem odd that sanitary items aren’t on the list as they are so expensive and necessary. I’ve seen many women who say their teenage daughters haven’t gone to school when they have their period because they don’t have any protection 😔 I know quite a few schools and colleges are now providing products at school for students who need them now.

I see a lot of people who ask for a voucher as they aren’t too worried about themselves but can’t manage to get food for their family pet too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We do one week food including tea and coffee
One week free from stuff like pasta cereal dairy free milk pudding type
Things
One week personal care including sanitary products tooth brushes toilet roll razors plasters antiseptic wipes
One week baby milk napppies pull ups baby food
One week household soap powder washing up liquid bleach etc
One week treats biscuits chocolate crisps etc and in that week we sometimes swap it for pet products
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Ours have asked for crisps and sweets, someone kicked off saying it’s not healthy and they publicly wrote back with “everyone needs a treat from time to time”.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Our local food bank has a list on their website of items that they’re short of. Here is the latest list for ideas...

Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We have a standing order each month for our local food bank. We started this in lockdown as we feared they wouldn’t get enough donated food items. This allows them to buy in bulk what they need at the time.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bessie
Apprentice Imagineer

I make a donation every week to our local foodbank, pasta, rice, cereal, baked beans, tinned rice pudding, tinned meats & tinned veg. I also put a couple of treats in each week such as biscuits.

Whatever you donate I'm sure will be gratefully received & help someone in need.
Star Island & Westgate Lakes 2 wks Sept 98, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 99, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 00, Blue Tree Resort & AMI 3 wks Sept 01, DLP Aug 02, Venetian Bay Villages 2 wks Aug 08, Bella Piazza 2 wks Aug 11 Windsor Hills 3 wks Aug 12, Windsor Hills 2 wks Oct 15 Paradise Palms 2 wks June 2017
Bessie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Mobile

You can also donate to Foodbanks on you Morrisons online shopping.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List