Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 31 Jul 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I love shopping but not when I've got to wear a mask. I will tolerate it for a very quick food shop but nothing more. Its not pleasurable, its just horrible.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have never really enjoyed shopping. Dare I say this quick run in to the shops and then get out again suits me much better ! I don’t have to traipse round with my teenage daughter and spend ages in changing rooms with her deciding. Primark seems to be keeping much tidier. No crowds and so much quieter. I can go in, get what I want and leave. I know it isn’t doing the retailers any good but it does suit me really !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It's just something that has to be done now for food etc - we've never been anywhere to browse and enjoy a coffee then lunch (and we did this most weeks at the Metrocentre etc). We usually love shopping!
We went to choose new bedroom furniture a few days ago. We were the only customers in the (huge) store and were given gloves at the store entrance - and couldn't sit on the beds to try them. We felt as if we were being watched all the time - mainly because the staff had nothing else to do and were waiting to pounce on a sale!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

No I don’t enjoy it. I popped into Southend this morning to return a purchase to Debenhams and went into Primark and that was it. I was overheating in my mask and did what I needed and then went home.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve never been a clothes shopper but I do enjoy mooching around wilkos, Primark etc. Not anymore. I popped in both of those today and just could not concentrate.
I tried to ignore the fact I was sweating from my face but I just found the lack of air made me feel panicky. (I do appreciate contracting Covid would potentially have me finding it even harder to breath!)
So I left Primark with nothing after a very brief visit and had a list for wilkos. The cashier said I could slow down as she wasn’t in a rush. I hadn’t realised I was packing super quickly, I just wanted to get out and take off the mask. 😂
(I’m also an Aldi customer so I’m probably programmed to bag up/ leave quickly! 🤣&#129315

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I used to really enjoy shopping and would go a few times a week pre-lockdown (back in February, for March I was in and out of everywhere as quick as possible). Me and my mum would take my little boy out, we'd have a few hours shopping and then have lunch. I have stepped foot inside a shop of any kind-including a supermarket-since mid March, and as much as I miss the social aspect of it, I don't miss buying things at all.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We live on the English/welsh border and normally choose to shop in Bristol - not any more. I’ll be heading to Cardiff tomorrow as there is no mandatory mask wearing in wales fortunately
ElsasGloves is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

No I don’t Sandra, have only been to Aldi and tesco less than once a week, go in get what I want, no browsing, when I think the time I’ve wasted in the past, won’t be doing that again, but I am sure that will change when I go back to Disney, ha ha

Del
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm the same, hate it just now and won't go.
Was so excited about getting out to shops when they opened for some normality, but it's not normal! Makes me feel worse seeing how weird the world is. I can't breathe with the mask on.
Only go to Aldi now, in and out quick as I can.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve never enjoyed shopping tbh, but do like to go to our local town centre (Solihull) for a walk around with the dog and have a coffee etc.
Now, I’ll avoid anywhere that requires a mask and stick to online shopping and click and collect.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List