Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 14 Aug 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just started doing home delivery as not comfortable doing a gull weeks shop wearing a mask. First week I did click and collect at Asda which was fine but there’s a lot of stuff they don’t have in stock. Last week I had Morrison’s delivery and let’s just say that’s my first and last! Had picked between 9-10pm and the driver didn’t come till 10.20 then we found 7 items missing and she didn’t know where they were. She did take them off for us but after she’d gone we noticed another two of the substitutes missing. Only way of contacting them was filling in an online form which could take them 5-7 days to get to so I sent them a message on twitter and it was all sorted the next day. I also asked for delivery fee to be refunded which they did. This week I had Tesco and that was all fine, driver a little early and everything there that should have been, so I have booked another slot for next week.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

I used to prefer Ocado but they don't deliver to my area in south devon - although I keep getting emails inviting me to shop with them.

I don't like Tesco or Asda at the best of times, I did try Morrisons once, never again.

I like Sainsbury's, if... I can get a delivery slot.
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I do find that getting the delivery shop is the biggest battle and feel sorry for anyone who has been shielding and has had to rely on this service for months.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've been using Sainsburys during lockdown because it's one of the only places we could get slots for. They've been fine up until last week when they delivered stiff that was either out of date by the next day or the day of delivery. Gave up on Asda years ago as there sell by dates were terrible and their fresh produce just as bad. Managed to get a slot with Ocado this week so will be using them again, used to use them years ago but haven't for a while. If we need bits for the freezer/drinks/crisps etc then I get a delivery from Iceland, they do some very good deals on branded goods that are much cheaper than other supermarkets.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I do find that getting the delivery shop is the biggest battle and feel sorry for anyone who has been shielding and has had to rely on this service for months.
Shouldn't have been too much of a problem for those shielding with medical conditions as the supermarkets were given their details.

I have a delivery pass with Morrisons so don't now have a problem booking a slot but they've moved it to delivery from the store. So far it's been ok and when they were going to be late I had a call. Did find the dates a bit shorter than I would have chosen on a couple of things but it wasn't too much of a problem. However, I won't be using it for my Christmas food shop!
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Morrisons regularly every week and throughout lockdown. They are brilliant and no problem getting slots.
They have a few subs every now and again but minimal. I really like Morrisons, they are the Suoermarket who make more of their own products than any other which brings the price down👍 (and they are always excellent quality)
Big thumbs up for Morrisons 👍🥰
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Tesco have been the best for me, sometimes click and collect. I have a delivery saver for Morrisons but don't like their substitutions and amount of missing items. Recently bought the 6 month delivery saver for Tesco with points and can now easily get click and collect or delivery slots.

There's £10 off a £50 Prime Now Morrisons first shop which expires on 17th August if anyone needs a home delivery this weekend.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 02:12 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Tesco have been the best for me, sometimes click and collect. I have a delivery saver for Morrisons but don't like their substitutions and amount of missing items. Recently bought the 6 month delivery saver for Tesco with points and can now easily get click and collect or delivery slots.

There's £10 off a £50 Prime Now Morrisons first shop which expires on 17th August if anyone needs a home delivery this weekend.
Same for me, less problems with substitutes with Tesco and deliveries always on time, even a little earlier at times. I also opted for the delivery saver as will be useful Christmas time getting preference on slots
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We've been using Tesco home delivery for years (was unable to get a slot during lockdown but able to get weekly slots now). The last couple of deliveries I've had to complain about several items.
The fresh produce is really poor quality at the moment, even if it's got a long shelf life.
I ordered 3 loaves of bread (& requested a long shelf life), all 3 went out of date on the day of delivery and were already stale. Very frustrating.

Last Christmas I ordered a turkey breast. It was substituted for a packet of wafer thin turkey breast! They could have at least sent more than one packet, it wasn't going to go far between 8!
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve been using Morrison’s for about 8!weeks now. I paid for the first two deliveries then got a free three month pass. I can get slots easily and they are usually on time. The other week I did have about 8 things that the use by date was for the following day so I filled in the online complaints form and the money was refunded a few days later. I’ve had very few substitutions, more often it’s just out of stock so not delivered! Quite often though it is hard to order all the things, frequently things like broccoli show as out of stock when ordering and I’ll often check a day later and it still says out of stock which is frustrating!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List