Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 23 Aug 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Costco cake...
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve been members for years, family of 5. Meat, chicken, fish quality we’ve always found to be infinitely better than supermarkets and it saves us lots on that and also cereals, juice. Sometimes get fruit there and a rotisserie chicken. Depends what you need/try and like.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Being an hr away you would need to work out if you would actually go often enough but if you have the space to store bulk buys and larger than usual pack sizes then it could be worth it.

For us the annual cost is well worth it we tend to go once about once a month and stock up and we also buy the celebration/large cakes for birthdays. We also use the petrol station which adds up to quite a saving over the year.
Not all the prices are great an some of it I do feel is expensive so its always worth comparing online before buying. I have found some items cheaper elsewhere on occasion but there can be some great deals.

It is easy to pop in for a few bits and come out ££££'s lighter depending on what offers they have on so def worth considering before you go.
They have recently started taking credit cards which is a bonus if you want big ticket items.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We go most months and there are things we get from there such as dishwasher tablets, the large bottles of unstoppables, Yorkshire teabags, cereals, Pepsi max, batteries, cooking oil spray, toilet roll and multi vitamins. We then have other stuff we may grab when we feel like it such as fruit, butter, cheese, snacks etc. Then there are the impulse buys! DH got a penguin T-shirt the other week and I recent got some more Skechers from there. It’s also good if you are having a party for cakes and stuff.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Anything that ends in 97 p at Costco has been heavily discounted usually by about 30%.
I am now obsessed looking for these 97p prices when we go. You have to grab them tho as they will normally be gone a week later.
Also if you buy online and use a MasterCard and enterMASTERCARD in the promo you get £10 off a hundred pound spend. Online only tho.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re only 15 mins from Costco and have definitely used it more this year than before. Infact, we were there this morning buying some vinyl flooring.

We use it mainly to stock up on kitchen roll, toilet roll, dishwasher and washing tablets. We also love their mac and cheese and recently my husband has been going more often to buy crates of Peroni Red beer that you can’t get anywhere else.

Luckily I don’t pay for membership anyway as I have a card via my mum’s account.
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
We’ve been members for years, family of 5. Meat, chicken, fish quality we’ve always found to be infinitely better than supermarkets and it saves us lots on that and also cereals, juice. Sometimes get fruit there and a rotisserie chicken. Depends what you need/try and like.
The rotisserie chicken is amazing. We pick one up most time we visit the Edinburgh one.

I don’t necessarily think Costco is cheaper, but I find their products are very good quality. We buy many household items-TVs, gazebo, appliances. Their food /drinks selection is excellent and great if you are having a party. I wouldn’t be without our membership, but do spend a lot each trip-if I come out having spent less than £100, I’m doing well.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Anything that ends in 97 p at Costco has been heavily discounted usually by about 30%.
I am now obsessed looking for these 97p prices when we go. You have to grab them tho as they will normally be gone a week later.
Also if you buy online and use a MasterCard and enterMASTERCARD in the promo you get £10 off a hundred pound spend. Online only tho.
Ha ha same hear ! Always on the look out for the 97p especially after Christmas, got some fantastic deals on the wine gift sets before

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

You can go to customer services and ask for a guest card to have a look round before you decide. You won't be able to buy but you can browse xx
Old 25 Aug 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gev View Post
You can go to customer services and ask for a guest card to have a look round before you decide. You won't be able to buy but you can browse xx
This sounds like a good thing. So if we decided to buy could we get the membership at checkout?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List