Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Dec 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Going Out in a Blaze of Glory - Summer of Sorcery 2019 - DAY 6-From AK to a Moroccan Surprise!

Welcome back, once again - I'm glad you made it

Amidst all of the festivities and slight/ too long a delay in posting this day, all I can add is that within all the upheaval at home - new kitchen thread can be read here, and a load of other stuff going on - it is good to get back to last summer

It's another long day, plenty of photos too - Animal Kingdom with Flight of Passage taking centre stage followed by an evening in Epcot, with a first for food.

For those reading 'live' I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and very best wishes for the New Year 2020.

DAY 5 is just a click here away if you missed it

The whole index of the trip is here - you can read from the start by clicking here if you wish.

Welcome to DAY 6 - Monday 29th July 2019

As the alarm sounded at 6-55- the desire to turn over and simply snooze the morning away was vast- was not going to happen today though, and as a result, we were the only ones on the bus at 7.26! Personal bus service to Animal Kingdom.

That really did get our hopes up – had we managed to out run the early morning Disney wake up call? Were we ahead of the crowds for the day? Were we …

Let’s stop that thought right now...

In just a single word the answer was - NO!

By 7-58 we were at the back of the line! Just look what happened to that positive start to the day!

EMM hours at their very worst!

We seem to run into this a lot for morning hours, rides not opening on time, due to tech issues and extended queues, those queues I have to admit are shorter wait times than the rest of the day and for that reason it is always worth the early wake up- if only to give me something to whinge about for the rest of the day!

An advantage of waiting in the regular queue was to see the theming of the place, as good as fast pass is, you do miss out on some excellent scenes on the whole wait for the ride.

Even in the regular queue there was no sign of what the wait time issue was, and indeed -on allocation of ramp to the ride, there was seemingly no issues for us, on speaking to a CM there were several issues earlier that had since been sorted.

We rode and once again marvelled in the whole experience- the sight of the four of us mid flight is one of joy, awe and sheer excitement.
You simply can’t avoid just grinning from ear to ear.

We had a total wait and ride time of 80 minutes as we got off the ride and certainly recognised that there must be an awful lot of empty hotel rooms on Disney property this morning.

The 9-20am wait time was 210 minutes!
Thankfully, we were not having to give up that amount of time.

Coffee and Mickey cinnamon buns followed.

Then it was a walk to Dinosaur which was advertised as a 60 minute standby wait, yet our fast pass saw us walk past a rather short queue and nigh on walk onto the ride. An hour at this time of the day is false advertising !

It does make you feel as if the park is busy though.

The sorry sight of Primeval Whirl met us as we exited the merch opportunity at the far end of Dinosaur, into Dinoland.
To see it still closed as we exited was sad to see.

I did speak with the cast member who had been given the job of telling everyone it was closed all day. They were being told on a day by day basis of its closure, but there appeared to be nothing happening with the ride itself- it will be interesting to see when both this ride and Astro orbiters in MK manage to reopen.

**Thankfully by the time I type all of this both have reopened and both without any major safety additions – Primeval Whirl possibly subject to seasonal opening though)

We headed in to the first Nemo show of the day and the very first of our holiday.

As always, we just absorbed all before us and enjoyed our most favourite live show. 30+ minutes of bliss.

Choking on the emotion that it brings – I did try to describe this on the Great British Waffle Podcast and I still have to admit, words just can’t even describe the ending.

If you are a podcast listener it is in the sunglasses on moment of episode 7

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1151387

I did include this video and photo too

It was good to be back and the emotions today were probably a bit more intense than previous. (will keep that info for the future though!)

We proceeded to our next fast pass on Everest, where we spotted the lesser seen eagle at the top of the ride, it has seemingly been broken far too many times and I have to admit we had stopped even looking for it, thankfully all of my whinges over the years about Disco Yeti and this one small effect at the top of the mountain, Josh spotted it!
You see, the lad does listen to me, he just chooses the moments carefully to show it!

It was a good spot and we now needed a photo better than this one to prove it!

From there, we knew what was coming next – it was difficult to avoid thinking about it – we were back again to Flight of Passage, with a few photos taken around the park too.

From there came lunch, in a place we had checked out on one of first visits this year.

We had previously struggled to understand exactly what was on offer here and having walked through into the serving area a few days ago, we had that question mark taken away.

The food was delicious, I know it gets very mixed reviews in various reports, but it was different- in a good way.

In the briefest possible description - you get to choose the meat/ rice or noodle and then veg part of your meal. And it then appears at the counter and looks something like this!

At $125 for four, it is still beyond what you would call a value for money lunch if paying OOP. But dining plan to the rescue -it was a quality meal that offered something different in taste to the usual.

With the day being hot and the sun out – there had to be only one destination for the afternoon!

Back to the hotel and with a quick change, we left all the phones on charge and just enjoyed some pool time – no pictures though!

Once again this proved such a highlight of our whole stay – the pools here offered so much for the boys to enjoy and explore the swimming pools and slide. Have to admit that I did too and just soaked up the whole place.

There is nothing better.

By the time we had soaked up the afternoon sun and readied ourselves for the evening we actually managed a bit of a rest, well for at least half an hour!

We headed into Epcot once again with the thought of just enjoying all that lay ahead!

A trip to Soarin’ was first on the list, where one of our party decided it was a good idea to ignore Patrick and all of his helpful advice!

As we soaked up the atmosphere of Epcot, we did have a mooch into Mousegear to see if we could find Joe a Forky he was searching for (more news of that later in the Trip Report!)
No sign of Forky anywhere unfortunately.

As we walked around World Showcase we noticed just what lay ahead, the gathering gloom and incredible cloud cover was the sign of incoming precipitation – roughly translated into - it is about to shed it down with rain for the next considerable time.

You could sense it arriving and as a result we ensured we were in the right place in order to stay dry.

This was originally going to be an Italian evening, until we changed not long before we left home and decided to choose something completely different.

A place that we had read some good and some not so good reports of, yet made the decision to continue to try to eat in places we had not been before.

When the rain arrived , We were in Morocco, a place we had never really considered for food before apart from a stop off on our Drinking Round The World Adventure previously!

The sight of the rain cloud was incredible, it moved so quickly too and brought a darkness to Epcot that you would normally associate with about an hour later.

We were seated at The Spice Table at Morocco just in time and avoided the offer of the outdoor patio table.

The menu here was what attracted us, once again something a little different from the usual theme park offering.

That menu can be read here

We knew it would be a coin toss between the lamb and the NY Strip.

Josh was the odd one out and he went with the NY Strip, the rest of us opting for Joe’s most favourite meat of choice.

The service was excellent and the indoor part of the restaurant possibly not used to having so many sitting in it!

The rain outside was torrential, only the thunder became louder than the rattle on the windows of the rain, backlit once more by lightning that was close by.

We enjoyed the indoor view and were thankful we had not taken the patio table offered. With a reservation time of 8.15 we had already written off the thought of fireworks and that view from the patio.

Our food arrived and exceeded every single preconceived idea.

The lamb was incredible, perfectly cooked and with a crust that was non- invasive, yet just had enough flavour. Absolutely delicious.

The steak was another story all of its own.
Now Josh would normally polish off such a meal, he couldn’t – it actually beat him. As a result we got to taste it too.

It simply melted into your mouth, with such amazing flavours too.
As a spoiler to every single place we visit on this trip from this moment, this was the greatest steak any of us were served.
It was immense.
Cooked to perfection and so succulent it just melted in your mouth.

When you get to read some of the places that follow in this trip – and those we have visited already, this is praise beyond all other.

It was possibly the last place we expected it too.

By the time we had finished, the notice had already been given that tonight’s Reflections of Earth had been “Delayed”

That was a good thing, as I doubted we could have moved anywhere at this point, Such was the delight of the dishes devoured!

With the rain outside beginning to relent, I did set out to check the patio firework view – it would be the backside of Illuminations but through the trees on the Lagoon too.

There are much better views than this one!

We ordered desserts – both Alison and I were not needing anything more, whilst the boys obviously scoffed the additional chocolate pyramid.

The departure from here was so friendly and was a speedy one too – the weather had changed significantly and we now had some fireworks to watch!

We quickly found the plaza area between the French and UK pavilions, that was not in use for corporate stuff tonight. A handy stop off and a beautiful place to watch Illuminations.

We were handy for the International Gateway once again and were back in the hotel not long after 10.(Usual sing song on the way back though - We go on...!)

That meant just one thing – having been up so early this morning, a quick hot tub and swim was a blissful end to the day.

Maybe tomorrow we would manage that lie in!

Thanks for reading and see you real soon for Day 7

Just click here for DAY 7

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:36 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day your evening meal sounded good
Glad the rain stopped before the fireworks

Joan
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Another fab day guys. Have a great New Years Eve! Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Your comments about the queue (as opposed to fast pass queue) offering a different perspective were interesting. As we're entitled to a DAS we usually rely on a combination of that and fast passes... our youngest wouldn't cope with long queues. However my eldest said yesterday that he'd "always wanted" to wait in a full queue line (strange child!). We'll have to find the one with the most immersive queue to help make his dreams come true!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Another fab day guys. Have a great New Years Eve! Sharon
Thanks Sharon,

Hope you do too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Another packed day. A shame your loneliness on the bus wasn't replicated in the park. We love it when we are the only ones on the bus! It's such a silly thing but the kids think it's brilliant.

A fab day and I'm now sorely tempted to add another ADR to my ever growing list. How could I leave out the best steak in wdw? I've not really been tempted by Spice Road before as there are so many good choices at Epcot. We do enjoy the tangierine cafe QS place though so maybe we should give it a try.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Happy new year to you
The beach club is so wonderful to walk back to after illuminations isn’t it . Was that a fast pass seat at Nemo or were you just near the front anyway?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Your comments about the queue (as opposed to fast pass queue) offering a different perspective were interesting. As we're entitled to a DAS we usually rely on a combination of that and fast passes... our youngest wouldn't cope with long queues. However my eldest said yesterday that he'd "always wanted" to wait in a full queue line (strange child!). We'll have to find the one with the most immersive queue to help make his dreams come true!
Have to admit, I'm not one for queues but this is one I would recommend for your eldest DS.
Usually a fast pass is my favourite way to ride anything with a wait time of over 20 mins!
Most other rides have queues that run side by side and can only think of 7 Dwarfs and Rock 'n' Roller that really do keep the two apart.
Thanks again for reading and posting a comment too

Old 3 Jan 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Happy new year to you
The beach club is so wonderful to walk back to after illuminations isn’t it . Was that a fast pass seat at Nemo or were you just near the front anyway?
Happy New Year to you too

The walk from Epcot to all three resorts- Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Clubs is just a walk that makes a stay there so memorable and special.

As for Nemo- no fast pass, but a clear idea when we entered as to where we wanted to sit around 15 minutes before showtime.
For the 2 or 3 O'clock shows it is better to have a fats pass if you want to sit as close as this
Have to admit, we do enjoy sitting in the front bit of the Theatre, just feel more connected to the show than further back.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the rest of our trip with us

Old 4 Jan 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Another packed day. A shame your loneliness on the bus wasn't replicated in the park. We love it when we are the only ones on the bus! It's such a silly thing but the kids think it's brilliant.

A fab day and I'm now sorely tempted to add another ADR to my ever growing list. How could I leave out the best steak in wdw? I've not really been tempted by Spice Road before as there are so many good choices at Epcot. We do enjoy the tangierine cafe QS place though so maybe we should give it a try.
It really is those little things like an empty bus that set the kids off

We had similarly been reluctant to try Spice Road for the same reasons but thank goodness we changed our mind and booked for here.
That steak was something else

Thanks for reading, as always, and hope you all enjoyed a great Christmas and New Year