Notices

Old 7 Aug 15, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Flash2510
Trying for More Ears

the - let's go 'cause we might have to start having babies soon... trip

Hello!

I decided that today would be the day I started my pre trippy, because I am overflowing with Florida EXCITEMENT that is just bursting to get out.

The Cast: Myself and DH Paul

The Occasion: DH is 30 and my biological clock is ticking haha

The Places: Orlando FL and NYC

I'm short on time so for now i'm going to give you a little background and we'll go from there

My husband and I are children at heart, that's the most important thing you need to know about us. This trip will be my 6th and his 3rd. We met at the very young and impressionable age of 14, and have been a couple since I was 19.

Our Disney History: Our first trip together was in 2007 as a gift from DH for my 21st Birthday, it was also special because DH's father in law was diagnosed with a terminal illness called MSA, and wanted the whole family to go and make some memories whilst he was still with us. So that was our first trip with his mum, and 4 brothers and sisters. We made memories of his dad that can never be erased that trip, and I know that is why paul fell in love with Orlando right there and then.

Our second trip together was in 2011 accompanied by 8 of our friends, and I can honestly say that for me, it was life changing. My favourite place in the world is MK, and unbeknownst to me Paul had a little surprise in store. He proposed to my in the happiest place on earth, whilst I was sat on the bench next to roy.o.disney and the rest as they say is history!

Now that you are suitably bored I can tell you that THIS trip was planned for DH's BIG 30. Now, we went into the travel agents with all intentions of booking a 5 day trip to NY as both of us were desperate to go and had never been before. However, we left the travel agents having booked 9 days in Orlando and 5 in NY (my argument was that we were in America anyway so we might as well)

The major source of excitement for this trip is mainly due to the fact that it's the first time with just us two! No one else to please, no first timers, no non believers haha ! I can't bloody wait...

Planning details to follow!
1994 - first ever trip... The magic begins 2001 - hyatt, intl drive with my parents 2007 - southern dunes villas with OH's family 2011 - sputhern dunes villas -engaged at magic kingdom 2013 - honeymoon, riviera maya, Mexico! 2014 - The 'lets go before we have kids' trip!
Flash2510 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 15, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Amazing! Me and OH went just the two of us for the first time this year and we absolutely loved it... so much so we are already booked up for next year... and then yes, we too should start thinking about babies... tick tock, tick tock!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 15, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm hoping for a 'Disney baby' by the end of this trippie ;-)
Old 7 Aug 15, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I'm hoping for a 'Disney baby' by the end of this trippie ;-)
Awww now that would be blooming awesome!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 15, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Flash2510
Trying for More Ears

The Tickets

Orlando- bought our Disney tickets today and have pretty much completed my plan for the Florida portion of the trip, after months (and I really do meant months) of agonising over ticket options I finally decided to go for 4 day (fifth day free) MYW tickets from maple leaf. By opting for just a 4 day ticket I’ve saved roughly Ł164 vs the 7 day UK option.
We are lucky that our visit this year (finally) coincides with Universals HHN so we have the 14 day 2 park tickets with the HHN add on, again I am fortunate enough to work for a company that has a travel business attached to it and gave me an 8% discount on these too at Ł174 each.
I have yet to purchase discovery cove tickets as they are part of a little surprise birthday present for DH which I’ll tell you about later but am planning on getting them from ATD

New York – I plan on buying a NY city pass from ATD as they came highly recommended by a friend who is a NY expert! They give admission and FOTL access to the main NY attractions that we are visiting at a discounted price, with the added bonus of not having to pay for these attractions out of our holiday spends.
I received my helicopter tour tickets from ATD today *squeal* at Ł92 each for the tour and again hours of searching for the cheapest deal these were the best option I could find 
1994 - first ever trip... The magic begins 2001 - hyatt, intl drive with my parents 2007 - southern dunes villas with OH's family 2011 - sputhern dunes villas -engaged at magic kingdom 2013 - honeymoon, riviera maya, Mexico! 2014 - The 'lets go before we have kids' trip!
Flash2510 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 15, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Flash2510
Trying for More Ears

aww how wonderful! I'd have to call it Minnie or Mickey if that were the case! x
Old 14 Aug 15, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Flash2510
Trying for More Ears

I actually can't believe it's real that it's just me and him! x
Old 18 Aug 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Flash2510
Trying for More Ears

The ADR's

So since I have the freedom to do WHATEVER WE WANT, I went a little crazy on the old reservations front when it came to Disney considering we are not on DDP. Planning when to eat for so many people on previous trips has been a no go so I was determined to get into the restaurants that we wanted to eat in this year.

The first reservation we have made is for the sci fi drive in diner at HS. We managed to do the 50's prime time diner last time we were here and we debated a little over whether to do this again as we both really enjoyed it but the lure of something different meant that the drive in won!

We had a little saga when it came to Magic Kingdom, I wanted to eat at Be Our Guest so badly I think I would have given Ursula my voice! With 180 days before our trip I did the usual and got a spot... my dreams came true for about 30 seconds until my browser refreshed and it was gone! I mean gone forever, I could not get in there, I may have cried a little. After I got over it I settled for Tony's town square reservations at 3pm, with a broken heart Then it happened... last week I was having a little nose on my Disney experience when I started thinking about maybe booking breakfast at MK, I thought I might as well have a look at lunch options other than tony's in case I was missing out on something. I searched 'lunch' times and there it was, a 2.20pm res at Be our guest! I booked that bad boy at lightning speed and cancelled tony's faster than a 15yr old sends a breakup text!

We have decided we will do a little resort hopping the day before we fly to NY and have a more chilled day looking at how the other half live. So we're having breakfast at the Grand Floridian café, late lunch at t-rex in DTD then dessert at beaches & cream later in the evening. I've wanted to do t-rex for years and never got the chance, these reservations were also by chance as they came up when I was searching for be our guest again so I jumped on these too. clearly I was having a lucky day!

Edited at 12:53 PM.