Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 14 Sep 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Suzieb01 View Post
Thanks theCMG
I will do. Where are you staying next year?
me and the fam are staying at Sheraton vistana villages. It looks lovely.

This website is amazing! Its going to take me forever to browse all the posts lol
We're starting at the Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista then moving to Disney then again to Universal. Can't wait!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hello
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Welcome to The Dibb

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
floridagirl747
Excited about Disney

Sheraton Vistana Village is where we always stay... it is lovely and I’m sure you will really enjoy it. Any questions just ask and I’ll help if I can xxx
floridagirl747 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridagirl747 View Post
Sheraton Vistana Village is where we always stay... it is lovely and I’m sure you will really enjoy it. Any questions just ask and I’ll help if I can xxx
Hi Floridagirl
Just a little query, I wondered which part of the resort was best to stay and which have you stayed at? X
Suzieb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Hi and welcome to the Dibb, enjoy planning your trip.

I too love planning holidays, it's one of my favourite things

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Hello and Welcome to the Dibb Sue.
Enjoy your planning, and don't forget your ESTA.
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
undercovermouse
Helping Mickey

Hi Sue and welcome to the Dibb!
We went in 2015 and I can't thank the Dibb community enough for their help and advice - I don't even want to think about how we would have got on without the planning we put in. Some fundamental things I think you need to decide are which parks you are on your 'must do' list - Disney, Universal and Seaworld being the most obvious ones ( to me at least ). My favourite 'top tips' would have to be
a) Disney - a 'throwaway' stay ( although I really don't like that term, I don't think it was referred to as that back in 2015, and we wouldn't dream of not staying in the hotel ) - for the perks - fast passes, magic bands and parking
b) Universal - a hotel stay to get the express passes - effectively more than pays for itself if you are likely to buy express passes there
c) Eat at Longhorns. OMG I love Longhorns...
d) new this time around is the use of Tesco Clubcard points if you've got'em for those extra hotel nights
e) Halifax clarity credit card - we found the exchange rate excellent when we got home (especially considering all the flapping I did chasing rates when buying my currency )- no transaction fees either
f) if there are any particular restaurants you fancy, DO try to book them as soon as you can - perhaps use the DIBB busy day guide as a way of planning which park you think you will be in on a given day
g) PLAN - and have backup plan for each day should plans change e.g. because of the weather
h) without spoiling the experience too much, watch lots of videos online to get a feel of your 'must dos' - there is simply far too much to fit into your 2 weeks, so you have to prioritise
i) start saving for your next trip

We have booked again for this August - at the Vistana Villages too - we are Star Wars mad, was going to wait for the SW Land to open, but had a bit of a 'life's too short' moment and thought ≈≈≈≈≈≈ it - let's go this year and do SW another time.

Good luck with your planning - it's such a happy thing to plan for it's hard not to enjoy it, but it can get a bit overwhelming at times.

Mike
undercovermouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List