Notices

Old 30 Dec 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

SoCal Christmas 2017: Day 7 San Diego - Point Lomo

After another early night, we were all up by 6.30am! Again, it was going to be another beautiful day!

Breakfast was the usual toast, yoghurt and coffee!

We decided we would head to Point Lomo - where we could have views over San Diego and if we were really lucky, see dome whales.

After paying $10 to get in just as it opened at 9am, we parked up. There were views over the military base and downtown San Diego.

This area was where the Spaniard Cabrillo apparently landed - the first European on the West coast of USA. There was a light house - the navigation from the land through to the ocean can be treacherous.

We walked the short kelp trail in the hope of seeing some wildlife but no such luck!

We then did the 2 mile Bayside Trail. It was all downward on the way out which meant uphill on the way back - with little shade it was quite a trek! You can see how far down we were - this is the statute of Cabrillo!

J was happy to see some military action - I wasn't quick enough to get the fighter jet!

We then drove to the tide pools where parking was at a premium. The tide was probably still a little high so the only wildlife we saw were crabs.

O was getting a little grumpy - it was hot and he was hungry (bad mum brought things for F which she had had but forgot about the rest of us- O does know I don't do it on purpose and that the diabetes is a pain but it doesn't stop me feeling bad!)

As we left, the queue to get in was long!

We drove back to the apartment and decided to go back to Lil Farmers where we had had lunch yesterday. Today was similar!

After a break, we headed down to the beach. O loved the parachute thingy - said it would do as his next birthday present

The kids and J went bodyboarding again. The beach was busy - ready for the long weekend I guess!

We were there long enough to see the sun set!

F would have stayed even longer! She is loving the beach time!

We walked back to the apartment. Showers were gad while I made grilled cheese for J and F and mixed veggie pittas for O and I!

F watched the second Harry Potter film - one is on every evening!

In an attempt to stay up a bit longer, we went to Target. F was happy as there was a Forever21 and Old Navy next door - she got a few buts and bobs.

In Target we got nuts, cinnamon bread and pens! The last of the big spenders!

A 15 minute drive saw us back home and in bed by 10pm!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 30 Dec 17 2:50 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 31 Dec 17, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day

Joan
It was! Could get used to this Californian lifestyle!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Another fab day, views look stunning , sky and sea so clear. Great that you are getting so much outdoor time . I love the random shopping !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

Another great day. The Californian lifestyle looks and sounds great
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sunset looked gorgeous, another great day on the beach. We've been watching a Harry Potter a night here too!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
It was! Could get used to this Californian lifestyle!
Can't say I disagree. San Diego is a great city, cursed with poor weather though
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Gorgeous sunset beach photos! That looked like a lovely, relaxed sort of day. The Cabrillo National Monument is one of my favorite spots in San Diego. I think I have only spotted whales from there twice in my life though. You had such beautiful, clear weather up there!

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
San Diego is a great city, cursed with poor weather though
Absolutely awful weather, isn't it. And it's bad most of the year too...I don't know why I stay here. lol

Edited at 10:48 PM.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Another great day and your sunset photos are really nice.