Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Wasn’t it virgin who sent out the original letters to people (apparently in error according to Disney) informing them of the delay. Wonder if that has something to do with it.

And the fact that virgin customers weren’t aware of any ‘refurb’ work whereas Disney customers when we booked had that little pop up about ‘refurbishments’ and ‘re-imagineering’ of the resort.
Hmm. Doesn’t bode well for the rest of us then!
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Slightly irritating that people are being moved for free when others have had to pay - me included. No disrespect to the actual families who have been moved for free at all - just winds me up! Either move everyone for free, or don't!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Slightly irritating that people are being moved for free when others have had to pay - me included. No disrespect to the actual families who have been moved for free at all - just winds me up! Either move everyone for free, or don't!
Fully understand where you are coming from, from the very start all we wanted was to be treated fairly and equally. We have also paid to move, due to 'free' flight changes we have added on 3 nights that weren't available at CBR so a bit relieved to transfer our booking of 11 nights CBR to 13 nights at POR even if it was more than I wanted to pay (first night is other accommodation).

Now all Disney have to do to upset us smug lot who have paid to move away is announce a POR 're-imaging' it really wouldn't surprise me at all now
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

POFQ are having their rooms refurbished currently and is expected to finish in May. Disney say may so it could be any month or any year!

POR are after that I believe.

But a room refurb is a lot different than diggers, trucks and cranes all over.

When I booked with Disney it said OPR was still being done but never mentioned CONSTRUCTION which is what really has annoyed me.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year lots of people paid to move as they were told there was no alternative. They were later refunded once Disney started moving people foc.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

I had read about the room refurb, like you say its the construction and major works at OPR that are disappointing when Disney try to play it down as refurb hence my use of the word re-imaging.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Last year lots of people paid to move as they were told there was no alternative. They were later refunded once Disney started moving people foc.
Don't think this would apply to us as wanted to add extra nights with no availability at CBR we had to move .
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone fancy putting together an email? Or anyone want to share what they said in an email? Clearly my email skills were lacking bc I got Dale to offer me a move to POFQ if I fancied paying for it lol.

Should we contact Dora bc even though booking direct we were told about the "refurb" I would say building a new hotel AND gondola is slightly more than a refurb!
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ch1ps View Post
Good news. I emailed Kathy about a week ago. She didn’t get back to me, but a lovely lady Dora did. They’ve moved us to Riverside for free.

Have to say we’re extremely happy with the outcome.
Well done Ch1ps, could this be the start of the doors opening.

Legally, Technically every contract is an entirely separate contract - so they CAN give someone the moon and stars and give everyone else nothing.

But - now its started with one supplier Virgin - you absolutely have the right to say - if them why not me.

Remember WDTC "don't just book Disney, they are Disney... "

"So I should have just booked with VA then?"

and they have

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Hey everyone, sorry to read that Disney aren't budging on this & denying that the food court was due to re-open this summer!
Appalling customer service!
I'm just back from POR, I wanted to call into CBR, but didn't get the chance, did drive past it though & the building of the Riviera resort looks awful at the moment.
It was so nice staying at POR and having a proper food court after experiencing the food tent last year.
Hope Disney do come through for you.
Well done Ch1ps on getting a move sorted! 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread