Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Aug 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7beebee View Post
You see I love that movie so I'm insanely jealous
I would have swapped places quite gladly whilst running through the Subway

I was so spooked, I had to sit down with a cocktail for 10 minutes
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Oh yes, 2012 was a good year too, loved Pen and Teller New(kd) and the only with the swinging gargoles or golums or something

Wolfman was 2012 and I loved the details on the fingers of the Wolfman

We loved AWIL the first time round in 2013 but it was the same in 2015 and we didn't enjoy it as much. We also loved Cabin in the Woods in 2013
Thanks Wobbles
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Not sure I could pick just one! Loved 2007 as it was my first one plus it had Freddy, Jason and Jack, 2013 for American werewolf and cabin in the woods, 24 for my all time favourite house Halloween and 25 for the anniversary house and Freddy vs Jason would be my top 4 years.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I loved Scary Tales from I think, 2008 - the costumes and attention to detail were outstanding. And I agree, AWIL was a good one too.

Best of all for us for scares was last year - we were one of the first into the Halloween house and it was great fun. A group of Americans were scared so the tagged on with us and we had a really good laugh. Same with Texas Chainsaw - that big Leatherface outside at the end got me an absolute corker first time and I must have leapt 3 feet in the air in my flip flops then trying to run off! My goodness, he must have been about 7ft tall! Excellent.

What I still don't like is these scare zones around the park with chainsaws... last year cheerleaders with chainsaws. Get a grip Universal, it's not scary or anything. I don't know what they are trying to do there. For me, only Leatherface works with the chainsaw. Not cheerleaders, not hairy blokes in lumberjack gear, nobody.
Old 14 Aug 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I loved Scary Tales from I think, 2008 - the costumes and attention to detail were outstanding. And I agree, AWIL was a good one too.

Best of all for us for scares was last year - we were one of the first into the Halloween house and it was great fun. A group of Americans were scared so the tagged on with us and we had a really good laugh. Same with Texas Chainsaw - that big Leatherface outside at the end got me an absolute corker first time and I must have leapt 3 feet in the air in my flip flops then trying to run off! My goodness, he must have been about 7ft tall! Excellent.

What I still don't like is these scare zones around the park with chainsaws... last year cheerleaders with chainsaws. Get a grip Universal, it's not scary or anything. I don't know what they are trying to do there. For me, only Leatherface works with the chainsaw. Not cheerleaders, not hairy blokes in lumberjack gear, nobody.
Yeah, they've REALLY gone all in on the chainsaws. It's annoying that they're so intent on fitting them in any way they can, it never makes sense.
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Every year Jack has been the icon or had a house! Love him. Particularly enjoyed 2006 Sweet Sixteen HHNs. All of the best Icons were there.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Got to be our first one in 2001 (HHN 11), I can vividly remember that they had a show at the holding area where a "guest" was made to answer questions & got "tortured", it all looked so real, that year the Mummy & Run were really good. What I also liked back then was that every house changed every year, none of this Walking Dead every year & only using their own IP's. Near enough every year has at least one stand out but also a couple of duds plus with how busy it is now ( back in '01 there was no such thing as EP & the waits were all under 45 mins) they are practically making you run through the Houses & you end up missing a lot of the detail.
xi - the mummy , run
xiii - all the houses were good
xiv - another good year
xvi- people under the stairs was least favourite
xviii- another good year
xxii- Penn & teller was a bit meh
xxv- there was one that wasn't very good but can't remember which

I would say that they have seriously scaled back on the scare zones as these used to be as good as some of the houses!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 10:19 AM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

cant remember the year but I really enjoyed nightinggales .. it was fab
Old 15 Aug 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

favourite house was definitely penn and teller's vegas nightmare or whatever is was called. 2012 i think...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

cant remember the year but I really enjoyed nightinggales .. it was fab