Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Feb 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
magicofflorida
Very Serious Dibber

magicofflorida's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went in May last year and didn't use pool heating, it was nice to cool down in the pool from the sun.
magicofflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mouseland
Looking for my Ears

Thanks for all of your replies Dibbers👍

To get the best of the pool & in just in case it's a bit nippy, wonder if its worth contacting BA's property management company for for pricing (Ocean Holidays, Rolling Oaks Blvd off the 192).

Otherwise I think we will wait & see & sort out when we arrive.

Counting down the days...
Mouseland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ros & Jim
Imagineer

Whilst I always like pool heating regardless of the time of year, I would not be prepared to pay those sums for it. Personally I would wait until until you arrive and if you decide you need it, contact the local management company to have it turned on for you. Alternatively, even contact the owner as their details may be in the welcome folder in the villa.

Edited at 10:16 PM.
Ros & Jim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
I have been in May(ish) the last three years and I'm not sure there is such a thing as average weather - in a word:

2015: searing
2016: lovely
2017: wet
I was in Florida last May from the 10th until the begining of June. I certainly wouldn't have described it as wet, most days were clear blue skies and very hot.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Personally I would have it in May but the majority of my May guests don't have it (maybe I'm nesh )

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow that’s a lot of money, how many nights is that for? I would wait until you get there and see if it’s needed. and then contact the management company to have it put on.
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We've been put off a villa due to the cost we were quoted by VH for pool heating. It was about 7 years ago and would have cost several £100 per week.

How much would you expect to pay locally?
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Poppycat View Post
We've been put off a villa due to the cost we were quoted by VH for pool heating. It was about 7 years ago and would have cost several £100 per week.

How much would you expect to pay locally?
I think most owners charge between £70 and £130 ish a week, depends on the size of the pool and whether it's electric or gas heating, gas will be more expensive. Tour operators rip off guests with extortionate rates for pool heat, they take their cut, the MC takes their cut and the owner gets very little!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi average temp between 75 and 90 so warm, water should be warm enough
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List