Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
The Wonderful Woods do Disneyworld - Oct 2018 Updates every Friday

Mummy & Son do Disneyworld – October 2018

The story - 233 days to go

Hi there Dibbers, here I am with our 3rd WDW PTR. We are the ‘Woods family’. We are a very happy fun family who all love Disney terribly. Back in 2010 we went on our ‘The Woods Wonderful WDW Holiday’ This is when we realized just how much we loved Disney and knew we would have to return some day. After copious amounts of food we somehow consumed on the ‘you don’t want the DxDDP’ we would return in 2012.

Here we are on the day we set off to the airport at dinner at the Hilton. All excited and the children looking very young indeed. It had been a very long countdown if I remember correctly, something like 677? That moment when you are ready to leave, the excitement is just so high, especially as we were first timers too.

Meeting Cinderella, before our lunch on the first day was a wonderful experience, and would become one of our first day traditions. I remember it like it was yesterday; it was so surreal that we were actually inside Cinderella’s Castle and meeting Cinderella herself was just so special for us Girlies, it was something I wanted to do all my life. Looking back, I am so happy we did it on our first day.

A few days into our holiday we soon found our feet and we enjoying it so much. Time was passing us so quickly, but I do remember when it got close to the end of week one that we were to experience another full week of this Wonderful holiday. Here we after our meal at Narcoossee’s with a tired little Max.

As everything has to come to an end, this was us on our last day, trying to have fun, but were so sad to know we were flying back home in the evening. We had the most amazing first experience of Disneyworld, and it is a place where we hold such wonderful memories. Memories, which we will always remember. We still watch the videos we filmed, and it brings it all back like it was yesterday.

More Copious amounts of DxDDP yummy food were consumed on our ‘A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes October 2012’ holiday. This holiday was very special, as we renewed our marriage vows amongst other delights that we hadn’t done before. We were also there a week longer than 2010 enabling to do far more this time. This is us from then, enjoying everything Disney has to offer.

Again here we are on leaving home, this time we knew where we were going and knew that it was everything we had dreamed about for just under 2 years. All that has changed is the children are a couple of years older, but still beautiful.

We just have to return. Family time, theme Parks and food are our three favourite things, so it always makes sense to go back to our favourite place in the world. Though, It hasn’t all been plain sailing since 2012. We were due to visit in 2014, then 2015, Now with a set date the time has come to begin the big countdown to the most magical place we all call ‘HOME’.

Take care everyone and thank you for taking the time to read along. xx

Edited at 05:47 PM.
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

I was only thinking about you last week, great to see the countdown... it looks like we may be there for a few days whilst you are.
I hope that you are all well.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
I was only thinking about you last week, great to see the countdown... it looks like we may be there for a few days whilst you are.
I hope that you are all well.
Hi Klare, it seems so long since we were on the Dibb. It feels lovely to be doing a PTR again. I've had a few non starters, so knowing this one will make it to the end feels nice.

Good to see you are returning too.

Take care and thank you for reading. xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Hi Sarah lovely to see you have a countdown again, intrigued by the title though
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Hi Sarah, nice to see you back on the dibb. I remember reading your previous trip report when i first joined

Happy planning xx
Tangled88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Hi Sarah lovely to see you have a countdown again, intrigued by the title though
Hi Julia, it’s lovely to be back, feels like so long ago. Health issues and so much has gone on.

How are you getting on?

This holiday is just for Max and I this year then next October will have Nick, I, Charlotte and Max.

Thanks for reading along, take care. Xx
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tangled88 View Post
Hi Sarah, nice to see you back on the dibb. I remember reading your previous trip report when i first joined

Happy planning xx
Hello again, it feels lovely to be back. Really enjoying planning this holiday. Hope you enjoyed my 2012 trip report, and hope this one is a good one too.

Thanks for reading and replying. Take care for now. xx
Old 18 Feb 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mummy & Max do Disneyworld – October 2018

Introductions – 232 days to go

Myself – Sarah
Hi guys, so quite a few of you will already know me, but as I have not had a trip for a while I will introduce myself again. I’m 43 and a Mum of 4 children. Beth, Brandan, Charlotte & Max. I’ve had a love for Disney for most of my life, and I have been lucky enough to have been able to Visit Disney World twice, so this will be my third visit. Too many some would say, but certainly not enough for me.

I am a stay at home Mum whilst my hubby is sent to work to fund the holidays. I used to work as a photographer until my eyesight started to fail and too many other health conditions. I try my hardest to carry on though. I love taking photos at Disney, there is so much to see and capture, I just cannot wait to get back there to take more beautiful photos.

My favourite park is Magic Kingdom, followed by Epcot. My favourite ride is big thunder rail road. I cannot choice a favourite restaurant as we always have the deluxe dining plan, and eat at a lot of signature restaurants. Food to me is a big part of our holiday, we just love eating at lots of different places.

This is me and Max these days, and also a image of us at Disney in 2010 and then last year, I've aged loads.

Max – My youngest of my four children. He is 12 at the minute and will be 13 when we travel. He is just like me and loves Disney so much. This will be his third visit too, and will be going back altogether as a family of 4 in 2019 too. He has been home schooled for the past 18 months due to bullying and works so well for him. He was diagnosed as having autism last year and we are understanding him much more now. He tries so hard and his such a happy boy these days.

He has a love for theme parks and we feed this throughout the summer visiting the UK parks. He takes me on all the rides and looks after me so well. It can be tiring at times but it’s something that makes him happy.

His favourite park like me is Magic Kingdom, and favourite ride is Splash Mountain. He was only a tiny 5 year old when he first visited Disney and when he got back to school he talked non stop about Mickey Mouse. So much so that he was banned from talking about it in the end.

So that’s it, just Mummy & Max this time. Nick isn’t doing very well with his health and Charlotte will be in year 11 doing her GCSEs so both have decided to stay at home and let us go on our own. This is a little daunting going on our own but I am sure we will have the time of our lives.

This is Max at Disney in 2010.

Max at Disney in 2012

This is what he looks like these days. My handsome boy, miss his long hair though.

Thanks for reading guys, take care until next time.
Old 19 Feb 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mummy & Max do Disney World – October 2018

Accommodation & Flights – 231 days to go

Hi again guys. So originally this holiday was for 6 of us. Our family of 4 and Brandan and Eleanor. Brandan is my older Son, and Eleanor is his girlfriend. We were happy staying anywhere onsite, I wanted a deluxe if I’m honest. Brandan & Eleanor wanted to stay at CBR, so happily booked this. The kids wanted to go back to OKW, so we booked a deluxe studio.

Fast forward to 330 days and our accommodation was confirmed but I had been worrying about the amount of space we had as we had only ever stayed in a 2 bed there. I ended up ringing Disney to try and change it to at least a 1 bed, but there was no availability. So, a studio it was.

I was getting miserable about the whole space and decided as Nick was poorly we wouldn’t go at all. So, Brandan decided he didn’t want to go without us and booked to go to Tenerife instead. For a few weeks I couldn’t get Disney out of my mind and I asked Nick if just Max and I could go, cheeky I know but why not? He was happy with this so that’s where our title came about. 2 weeks in a studio at OKW. I did give Brandan and Eleanor the option of coming in the studio with us, but he wasn’t too bothered in the end.

I have booked the Premier Inn for the night before flying, well actually I had booked two rooms for us all, but cancelled one. Got this for £63, so. bargain really. Its just across the road and into departures on our morning of flying which will be great.

Our flights were booked a long time ago with Virgin Holidays as Max and I were originally going for a week last November but it never happened, so I just moved the dates to this holiday. We got a good price of £578 each and with our deposit already paid it’s not a lot left to pay off.

I need to call and add the Vroom to our booking, as we enjoyed it in there last time.

I pre-booked our seats last week and we have the back pair on the right. I know we will be one of the last off the plane and through immigration, but that does not bother me in the slightest. I will get bothered if someone is leaning on my seat all the while, it will impede on our personal space and I will have to say something, politely that is.

I am happy with all our plans so far, got lots more to do, and have some Disney days planned for Max as he enjoyed the themed bits and pieces leading up to our holidays last time.

Thanks for reading, take care all. xx

Edited at 09:00 PM.
Old 19 Feb 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw Sarah, I live reading your reports. I can't believe how grown up Max is!