Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Unread 14 Jan 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I would leave universal for next time, with an 8 years old, there might be some rides they're too short to ride anyway

if you still want to do it, I will suggest booking a room at RPR to get express passes and do universal for 2 days (you get express from check in to chec out)
that will even add to the cost, as it will be best to remain checked in into disney to keep the perks you might have there (like free dining for example) so you will pay for a night at two hotels at the same time

but 11 days for disney, ksc, down time at the pool, and universal is not a relaxed vacations, it's more on the commando side, and in my opinion that's trying to cram too much in too little time
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

easy doable 6 days at disney 1 at KSC & 3 at universal = 10 one day spare for your faves

one day in each main disney park say AmM/PM visits to waterparks with some downtime shopping / evening in parks theres 6 days

KSC speaks for itself

3 days universal one day in each then a mop up of favourites last day

no point in hanging about..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
VIP Dibber

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Were going for two weeks but by choice will only be doing 2.5 days at universal and 7 at Disney! Dont feel like you have to do everything in all the parks , just Prioritise and make time for breaks and down time ! Its not my first time but it is for my partner, I know hed rather do a bit of everything at our own pace than miss out tho!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
AKL, Formosa Villa & POFQ
Unread 14 Jan 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Very Serious Dibber

Can you do it, yes. You will read tonnes of stories of hard core folks who managed to do it all, so it's obviously doable. Should you? probably not. It certainly wouldn't constitute good value for money and relaxing it definitely wouldn't be. Theme park tickets are a massive outlay, it feels wrong to spend so much money on tickets that overlap. We learnt the hard way on our second trip that if you try to ram too much in it can get to be too much for little ones. Both of ours were sick and it spoiled the last few days of our holiday. Realistically you will go again, get good value from your Disney tickets and enjoy your down time. Save Universal for next time would be my advice.
mummyroo1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal trip
Unread 15 Jan 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

The first time I went we did Disney and Universal, it was a packed holiday and managed 2 days at Universal! Which is enough for me as Im more a Disney fan! And we did it in 10 days thinking it was our only time... booked to go again for our third visit in July! 🙈😂
I would check on the heights to make sure what rides your son can go on at Universal though!
LouBull is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
njc97
Getting to know the DIBB

We had 12 days, but one of which we moved between accomodation and lost part of a day to sickness, and did Disney, KSC, 3 days at universal, 1 day at volcano bay (didnt manage Disney water parks) and 1 day "off" (well half a day off, afternoon at Gatorland). That was reasonably intense but not stupidly so, our 7 yo coped fine. And included a few trips to the hotel pool. So I think it's very doable.
njc97 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
Can you do it, yes. You will read tonnes of stories of hard core folks who managed to do it all, so it's obviously doable. Should you? probably not. It certainly wouldn't constitute good value for money and relaxing it definitely wouldn't be. Theme park tickets are a massive outlay, it feels wrong to spend so much money on tickets that overlap. We learnt the hard way on our second trip that if you try to ram too much in it can get to be too much for little ones. Both of ours were sick and it spoiled the last few days of our holiday. Realistically you will go again, get good value from your Disney tickets and enjoy your down time. Save Universal for next time would be my advice.
I agree wholeheartedly with mummyroo1 above. It would cost over 600 pp for all those tickets with only time to scratch the surface of each park, let alone any relaxing time. Kids can get abit fed up having to go out to the parks everyday and would prefer to have more time just to hang out by the pool.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Relaxing @ Westridge & RPR
Unread 15 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SuckingDiesel
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thank you all for your comments they have been really really helpful.

Our initial plan was to do just Disney (hence staying on site) and KSC this trip and return in 3/4 years and do the other attractions in and around the area.

After reading your replies and some blogs by those who have done everything in a fortnight, it sounds exhausting.

We are going to stick to the original plan. We are staying on site, have a "free" ddp, makes sense to enjoy and make the most of everything that Disney has to offer. 😀
SuckingDiesel is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
US Rent A Car