Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinmumlowe
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Insane flight prices!

So we’re doing a big family one off holiday looking at 19/10-07/11 this year but so far the flight prices have been awful! 🤦🏻😭 I’ve been tracking on Skyscanner and hopper but starting to loose my nerve - it’s around £650 pp does anyone think they’ll come down or do I just suck it up and book 😔
Twinmumlowe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Can you do later. 24th Oct ono there is a separate thread about cheap ba flights to Miami and Tampa.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Which airport do you want to fly from? We have just booked Manchester to Tampa via Newark for Oct 15th to Nov 2nd for £345 pp . We are staying in Orlando and have hired a mini bus for the duration as there are 9 of us. A lot cheaper than flying into Orlando airport.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Can you do later. 24th Oct ono there is a separate thread about cheap ba flights to Miami and Tampa.
We booked a BA fly drive yesterday... Heathrow to Miami for £350pp. 24 October to 31 October, including luggage and a car. The prices have been crazy (up to £900pp, but suddenly came down).
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Would you consider flying to Miami instead and driving up to Orlando? I have been doing dummy runs for our holiday next year but using this years dates and flying to Miami is working out so much cheaper. So we are going to spend a night there and drive to Orlando, we do have extra days to play with as we are doing 17 nights rather than 14 this time, but still if I were a large family the savings in flight money would sway me.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We are doing a multi-city trip flying home from Miami on the 17th November some of the flights with BA ( we are doing a fly drive) were starting at Basic flights for £75 from Miami to LHR and Premium was hardly any different in price between economy.

We played with dates for over week and it was a lot higher just by extending it by two- three days so we moved it back to 27th Oct and it came down a lot.

if that would work for you.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyIrishMama
Gone all Goofy

Have you tried booking through American Airlines U.S site get the price in $. I got 2ad and 3ch for €2450 last week, cost €3100 when i went on irl/uk site

DLP-2007
WDW-2009,2012,2018,2020
DisneyIrishMama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyIrishMama View Post
Have you tried booking through American Airlines U.S site get the price in $. I got 2ad and 3ch for €2450 last week, cost €3100 when i went on irl/uk site
Not sure if you get the same protections if any flight issues/delays if bought outside of EU?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyIrishMama
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Not sure if you get the same protections if any flight issues/delays if bought outside of EU?

I would have thought that the only difference was that i paid in dollars?

DLP-2007
WDW-2009,2012,2018,2020
DisneyIrishMama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyIrishMama
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by DisneyIrishMama View Post
I would have thought that the only difference was that i paid in dollars?
I just had a read of the Montreal Convention which covers all international flights in relation to delays ,cancellations ect and all seems ok.

Only difference is in the E.U you can claim for emotional distress and you cant in U.S

DLP-2007
WDW-2009,2012,2018,2020