Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Oct 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
so the first two episodes of the new season are out. wow, what a start!

the last second of episode 2!
OMG - what a story arc this is going to be, and he asked for "a year with no surprises"

The writers on this show are so clever, and so are the make up artists, I keep forgetting Mandy Moore is only 36. I wonder how they will deal with her being pregnant in real life though.
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

from memory, mandy is the youngest of all the main cast!

i love how theyve written in pandemic/BLM related stuff into the storyline. its the first show of its type i've watched thats really covered/mentioned it!

and regarding the end of episode 2...

does this mean she's still alive now? did william take off and never go back? didnt he ave a book with all his writing and stuff in that was back at the apartment? did he just clear off completely and leave everything behind?

surely if she lived more than a few days after being revived she would have looked for him?

cant wait to see how it all pans out!

Edited at 04:41 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

What a surprise! I can't believe this storyline...

Not really feeling the Kevin and Madison chemistry
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
from memory, mandy is the youngest of all the main cast!

i love how theyve written in pandemic/BLM related stuff into the storyline. its the first show of its type i've watched thats really covered/mentioned it!

and regarding the end of episode 2...

does this mean she's still alive now? did william take off and never go back? didnt he ave a book with all his writing and stuff in that was back at the apartment? did he just clear off completely and leave everything behind?

surely if she lived more than a few days after being revived she would have looked for him?

cant wait to see how it all pans out!

I bet she is still alive, but how will they work that into the show, how is she suddenly going to turn up. It was the bit about "no surprises" which makes me think she will show up this year.

I don't know how to do a spoiler so I put my reply in yours. I didn't want to say too much in my earlier post, in case others haven't watched it yet.
I also think the way they covered the pandemic and BLM has been done really well. It just seems to keep getting better.
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I did wonder if they had to re-film or chose to, to cover those things. As I always thought things are filmed well in advance. I thought it was so spot on and well done, the way they did it. What I love about the show, is that they have edged away from stereotypical dynamics and given each character a proper storyline. You just never know what's going to happen next. The whole two episodes were so explosive and I just couldn't believe the ending to the last episode. We really are in for a treat!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I did wonder if they had to re-film or chose to, to cover those things. As I always thought things are filmed well in advance. I thought it was so spot on and well done, the way they did it. What I love about the show, is that they have edged away from stereotypical dynamics and given each character a proper storyline. You just never know what's going to happen next. The whole two episodes were so explosive and I just couldn't believe the ending to the last episode. We really are in for a treat!
They've not been filming very long at all..maybe 6 weeks. They only announced very recently that they had the first two episodes "in the can " so to speak so I imagine they are filming it like a soap opera at the moment releasing the episodes as they are finished each week.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
They've not been filming very long at all..maybe 6 weeks. They only announced very recently that they had the first two episodes "in the can " so to speak so I imagine they are filming it like a soap opera at the moment releasing the episodes as they are finished each week.
Right, that makes sense-thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I don't want to read through the thread in fear of spoilers... but I can't see season 5 on my Amazon Prime Video! Is that where everyone is watching it?
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I don't want to read through the thread in fear of spoilers... but I can't see season 5 on my Amazon Prime Video! Is that where everyone is watching it?
Yes, it's on Amazon Prime
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
Yes, it's on Amazon Prime
Thank you! So strange, it was totally tucked away! I thought it would be on my home screen given I watched all the previous series!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List