Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 Aug 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Wallefan View Post
Thanks everyone. I feel much happier knowing not to worry about rest days too much.
The hotel pool will be a huge draw for my boys, they love swimming.

We’ll do early mornings the first week and then hopefully they will lie in a bit the second week. Don’t fancy my chances though, they are up everyday at 7am no fail!
I like the pool early. It’s quiet and not too hot. We always intend to go to the pool early but the only day I got to the pool early this year it was raining!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We have always done half day parks. This year we are doing a week in Universal so that will be more of a go with the flow week. We then move to Disney for 12 days and will have chilled mornings and go to the parks afternoon/evening time.

Makes a much more relaxing, enjoyable holiday for us.
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’ll be my boys first time in May, they will be 8 and 5.

We are only planning to do Disney and save Universal for next time.
Do you think we can manage without a major rest day if we only do half days in parks.

Thinking RD till 2pm or 2pm till late?

I know it’s early but I’m excited and meals will need to be booked in November whoop!
If you haven't seen it already, have a browse through this current thread: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1142784
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes I would also mix it up with early half days and late half days. I would maybe take a full day off the parks at the middle weekend too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst I understand the need to book fast pass, I would simply play it loose as regards when to leave the park each day. You obviously know the mentality of your children and will detect when their batteries are running down and it may be time to leave.. sometimes just for a while before returning later.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve never planned ‘rest days’ - maybe waterpark days! Took mine at 6 and 10 and we went into a park for a few hours (at least) every day. Our closest rest day was a day it rained; we did some shopping, lunch off site and returned to get into HS for 5pm.
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I organise my days differently but it doesn’t always work out like you plan. We had a mixture but I always try to do on day in park one day off. But we went for longer than 14 days so was a little easier to do and we are offsite too.

We generally did only half days. In which I booked fastpasses for either morning or afternoon and if the kids wanted to stay after then we did or we went home.

Mine didn’t have as many naps as I thought they would.
Mine are 3 & 4.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I would start of with earlys for the first couple of days make the most of the kids being up at the crack of dawn thanks to time zones. Then finish of with lates so thay can enjoy the fireworks and shows. Looks like a different place at night time. Mine where 9 (had 10th birthday out there) and 7 when they first went. Closest they had to a rest day was spending the day at discovery cove ! But my kids are very active.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

It’ll be my boys first time in May, they will be 8 and 5.

We are only planning to do Disney and save Universal for next time.
Do you think we can manage without a major rest day if we only do half days in parks.

Thinking RD till 2pm or 2pm till late?

I know it’s early but I’m excited and meals will need to be booked in November whoop!
This has been an insightful read. We are going in May with our girls who will be 6 and 4. Staying a week in Disney (with the 14 day pass) and then a week on I Drive.

We are just looking at itinerary's and will be looking to do something similar. We have the full dining plan for a week, so looking forward to making the most of that.

I didn't really have anything helpful to add... we are just amazingly excited and felt I had to share it!
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List