Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Cruise experts, Pricing question for novice

Am i missing something here, when looking at the online prices on royal caribbean for a week long med/greek cruise in August, i have to put it in as 4 adults as my girls are over 12 and the online price for a balcony cabin is coming in at about £5300 however if i drop it to 2 adults the price drops to about £2300 and in both cases they allocate a cabin the same size surely that can't be right, over double the cost to basically add 2 more people to a room also it means it would actually be far cheaper to book 2 cabins and get twice the space than just to book one

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
Am i missing something here, when looking at the online prices on royal caribbean for a week long med/greek cruise in August, i have to put it in as 4 adults as my girls are over 12 and the online price for a balcony cabin is coming in at about £5300 however if i drop it to 2 adults the price drops to about £2300 and in both cases they allocate a cabin the same size surely that can't be right, over double the cost to basically add 2 more people to a room also it means it would actually be far cheaper to book 2 cabins and get twice the space than just to book one
Yes this happens a lot with cruises. Our last P&O cruise it was cheaper for 2 cabins than one. Try MSC as I think they have a different pricing structure
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it is also the class of cabin available,as not many will sleep 4,and availability will possibly be less too.
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Yes this happens a lot with cruises. Our last P&O cruise it was cheaper for 2 cabins than one. Try MSC as I think they have a different pricing structure
Thanks, will have a hunt round at other cruise lines although not heard the greatest reviews on MSC

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You need to see which cruise lines class children ages upto 12 if you see what I mean. MSC is up to 17.

Also a lot cruise lines offer a discounted rate for the 3rd and 4th in a cabin. Princess do, celebrity do and PandO.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

We sailed on MSC Davina around the Caribbean a couple of years ago and loved it! MSC now have a new ship Seaside out of Miami
Old 2 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We almost always find it more cost effective to book a second cabin, which usually comes in at about the same or only very slightly more than one cabin, well worth it for the space, extra bathroom etc. We have booked with carnival for next year and have 2 cabins opposite each other-my teenagers have a porthole window which was cheaper than our inside, but no good for my husband and I as it has a single bed and a sofa bed, rather than a double 😊
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

connecting cabins may be your best bet.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Some of he cruise lines offer quite a reduction for the third and fourth guest in a cabin which might also be worth checking out.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We book 2 internal connecting cabins. Everyone gets a bed we have 2 bathrooms and we just leave the connecting door open at night time. Works a treat. Was cheaper than the 4 of us in a balcony room although I would love a balcony! Some day!