Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 19, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Ronald Regan Presidential Library

If you're looking for something different to do, I can highly recommend the Presidential Library in Simi Valley, we spent a good 4 hours there wandering the exhibition, going on Air Force one etc, also there is a new Egyptian exhibition on for a few months which is highly interesting.
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I went there in 2017. It was an absolute highlight of the 2 week vacation.

Besides telling the life story brilliantly well, there are great artifacts from his time in office, career before and time after.

It’s not everywhere that you get to see a Presidential jet, helicopter and cavalcade as well as a replica of the Oval Office and a comprehensive life story of a truly great President.

You will hopefully find it well covered in my trip report ‘California N to South at Easter’ it is on around page 3.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Loved our trip there in 2012. One of our holiday highlights. Seeing today’s pics of the Reagan library with the wildfire in the not too far distance, it’s like something from the end of days.
Thoughts for all in Cali dealing with these deadly blazes and hope there is a change in the weather soon.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Have seen a few VLoggers on YouTube go here and it looks brilliant, particularly for Reagan fans such as myself.
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

currently surrounded by fires bbc/news/world-us-canada-50229657

We saw a few fires close to us up in Stevenson ranch, watching the helicopters using the close reservoir to fill up before dumping the water. The Getty centre as well under threat
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List