Old 27 Dec 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I may need to stop reading as I now really want to eat a Mickey pretzel with cheese and those nachos have just about tipped me over the edge although not the sangria-I agree it’s not the best, oh how I’d like a margarita
Well done to Kate winning the rubber duck, Eve will be gutted when I tell her Max didn’t get to cross the ice as he was too old as she’ll be too old next year
Epcot looked good, I love all the character photos even with the wait!
Shame Biergarten food wasn’t really for you, nice to see some of Max’s special buffet plates the entertainment looked fun. Your Illuminations photos are good it’s a shame about the sound.
I’m off for a Schofferhofer as Santa put some in my stocking and to see what savoury delights can make up for the pretzel and nachos cravings...
It was some tasty food at BB today. The Mickey pretzel was yummy and those nachos are a must do for us, Kate loves them and I love the margs that come with them. Actually I like the nachos too. Poor Max he was so sad he wasn't allowed to go over the kids ice obstacle course. He loves that sort of thing. The entertainment at Biergarten was fab, actually the food was good too I think I'd just stuffed myself earlier in the day so didn't appreciate it as much. It's just the communal seating that isn't for me. I don't want to make small talk with people that I don't know, if they got rid of this we would likely go back.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely day. We never seem to get around to eating anything other than ice cream at the water parks as we're heading off elsewhere but those nachos do look good.

It looks like you had a lovely evening at Epcot despite the sound for Illuminations. It's such a shame when you've been looking forward to something and it isn't as good as expected.

DH has tried to add Biergarten to our list every trip but none of the rest of us fancy it and I don't think communal dining would be my favourite thing either.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another lovely day. We never seem to get around to eating anything other than ice cream at the water parks as we're heading off elsewhere but those nachos do look good.

It looks like you had a lovely evening at Epcot despite the sound for Illuminations. It's such a shame when you've been looking forward to something and it isn't as good as expected.

DH has tried to add Biergarten to our list every trip but none of the rest of us fancy it and I don't think communal dining would be my favourite thing either.
I always think of the water park food as being dreadful, but actually this year we had some pretty good lunches. The nachos are yummy, definitely one we keep going back to. But even the flat breads the others had were pretty good.

I wanted to like Biergarten but unfortunately it didn't win me over, the entertainment was great, the food was tasty, even the people who shared our table were lovely I just don't want to have to make small talk over dinner

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Another lovely day.

I do like BB but we’ve never been to TL. That said we do ski patrol, the raft ride and the lazy river only so that’s maybe why water parks don’t always make the cut. Ds will be disappointed that there is an age 12 cut off on the iceberg walk thing though.
It sounds like you all got the most out of your visit though.

Shame about the music for illuminations, I’ll be looking forward to hear how you find the new show this summer, surely it won’t be as special.

Biergarten is not somewhere I fancy, Dh is keen but I don’t think it’s my cup of tea.
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Another lovely day.

I do like BB but we’ve never been to TL. That said we do ski patrol, the raft ride and the lazy river only so that’s maybe why water parks don’t always make the cut. Ds will be disappointed that there is an age 12 cut off on the iceberg walk thing though.
It sounds like you all got the most out of your visit though.

Shame about the music for illuminations, I’ll be looking forward to hear how you find the new show this summer, surely it won’t be as special.

Biergarten is not somewhere I fancy, Dh is keen but I don’t think it’s my cup of tea.
Max was very down in the dumps that he couldn't do the ski patrol. I'm sure he did it the year before, perhaps he was smaller so didn't look too old for it. But the lifeguard turned him away he was sad watching Kate go over.

I think the in between show Epcot Forever will have finished by next summer as its only temporary and the new show should be started by then. Im optimistic, look at HEA, no one wanted to say good bye to Wishes, but HEA is amazing.