Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile November Feedback - back home yesterday!

So holiday blues have officially set in 😭😭
Thought i would add a couple of tips and heads up for anyone going soon!

- Disney private cruise boat for 8 people was amazing! We did it for my DM 50th and watched the happily ever after fireworks from the lake. We got the boat from the contemporary resort which we parked at too! Captain was fab and it was just beautiful! I highly recommend!

- November definitely isn't a quiet month anymore some days were just heaving it felt like summer holidays some days. A great tip from the captain we had on our boat was to go when the parks have ticketed events as they shut at 6pm and people like the longer hours! We went to MK on Wednesday and it was so busy ques were over 60 mins Aladdin was 105mins at one point! thankfully we had fast passes but we went again on Thursday the next day and it was max 20 min ques as they closed at 6pm for Mickey Merry Christmas party! Made a huge difference in the crowds levels!

- Water parks were quiet which was good as we consider water park days as a chill day! We did Volcano Bay and Aquatica

- We were told we would have our pushchair at the gate (BA) ready for when we got off but both times that didn't happen - wasn't a big issue but just a prewarning you will likely get it at baggage reclaim!

- Everything is so expensive in the parks so we took food, snacks and drink everyday which saved a fortune!

- Weather was fantastic nice and hot throughout but bearable the last 2 days there was a big drop in temp and Saturday was cold but still good!

Just some thoughts i wanted to share, time to get planning again! 😊
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I flew home Saturday as well.

Agree, I hit the parks on early closing ( party nights/ marathon days), much quieter.

Feeling the cold! Must start planning next year!
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Here now and weather over weekend - especially Sun - was a big surprise. Was in the 50's! Happily back in low 70s between now and our return on Thu.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

I’ve been back 9 days. I agree the parks were heaving. We found Epcot was the quietest, a lot of rides were walk on. We done something different this time round and got to the parks at around 1pm (we would normally be up and out early in the mornings). Magic Kingdom was so busy... but I still managed to get my kitchen sink ice cream (which was lovely) without waiting too long 😊

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Just back yesterday after 27hr delay due to BA issues on Thu. Ended up going via Philly and Dublin to Glasgow. Even before that saga, we've been asking ourselves whether we've reached the end of our time with Orlando trips. That's our sixth. We may do one more on existing ESTA in Apr or May 2021 but that would be the last. We are doing less park days on each trip so park tickets and the scandalous parking charges are really poor VFM especially when on each day you go there was at least one main ride malfunction. The roads are busier than ever and we saw one accident, one vehicle fire and the aftermath of at least 10 other accidents on our travels. We kept count! Weather probably added to our mood as was cooler than we hoped but there was still something missing this time around and I think if we do go back then we need to rethink our itinerary and make some changes to travel plans and then what we do when we get there as well. Probably in a few weeks I'll start planning another trip but right now it's not uppermost in my mind.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Im here right now Sea World Universal and busch all very manageable
We've annual passes and I'm sure that makes a huge difference wevehad 4 visits out them and a fifth on the cards
Ventured into Disney springs today rammed but other than World of Disney TheChristmas shoppe and the Toy shop every other shop was
Just 2/3 folk in it
Even with the christmas shop wall to wall to wall browsers I walked
Right up to check out lots of folks but very few shopping bags but resturants busy Lego shop rammed but loads of staff with if you are paying cash here's card I'll check you out I got what I wanted and out the Lego shop in less than 10 mins cause I'd to wait for a friend
Who wasat guest services theyhad lost all thereFP for the next 5 days
Took them over and hour to get it sorted Disney really need to up there IT said friends say they will never stay on site again as it's been a night mare with FP trying to amend dinning preordering QS meals etc never mind the busses
Yes they know it's thanksgiving week but for them it's too regimented
As they now have a 3yeard old and twins that are 2 on Christmas Eve
It's been a constant pain to try and change / tweek stuff due to service dropping out for them
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List