Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 5 Nov 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
markclaireeva
New Poster (3)

Hi im new and need some advice

hi everyone
next may (2020) i will be going to orlando for two weeks for my honeymoon, there will be me my wife and my 7 year old daughter im after a bit of advice on where to stay and which parks will be best for my daughter. also where is the best place to book the holiday.

thanks in advance mark
markclaireeva is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
markclaireeva
New Poster (3)

we was looking either onsite at disney one of there budget hotels or nearby maybe lake buena vista. I was looking at around 5 thousand budget for flight tickets and hotel is that reasonable or am i pushing my luck.
markclaireeva is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, I really think it all depends as a family what you are into, If it is Harry Potter, Marvel, Movies, I would stay on Universal hotel like Cabana Bay or the New Universal hotel on International drive called Endless Summer resort, This resort your Daughter could have her own bedroom.
If choosing the Universal option you could tie this in with, Discovery Cove, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Clearwater beach. Then if you really wanted to see Disney while in Orlando you could get a 2 day ticket.
You could do this option without a car, As Endless Summer resort is on International Drive this is where all your shops, Outlets and restaurants are. It also has the I-Trolly that takes you up and down, You will also get free transport to all Universal parks including Volcano Bay.
The I-Trolly will take you to Sea World, It is free transport to Bush Gardens, And you can do a excursion to Clearwater. A Uber to Disney.
If I was booking this I would look at prices DIY so like booking tickets with Attraction Tickets Or Orlando attraction tickets there are links to the ticket sellers on the ticket part of the forum at the top of the page.
I would then Look at flights with BA, Virgin, Tui and others and price check and see what price I could get prices for, I would look around the £450pp price wise Athough we got ours with Virgin for next year for £370pp so was happy with that price.
Accommodation you could book direct with Universal or add them in with your flights, When booking Universal last year I found Virgin the cheapest.

Then if you wanted to have a Disney holiday if you and your family or more into Princesses, Disney characters. Star wars, Magical fun, and you didn't want to drive, I would book a Disney resort, Its a shame as the free Disney Dining plan finished yesterday. But they may start a room reduction now the dining plan is finished so could work out cheaper. You can get the free Magical express to and from the airport, Then all Disney transport free in Disney world taking you from resorts to any park. This is a great saving on driving and parking, Then if you chose to do a couple of days at Universal you could get a UBer.
I think the budget hotels are fun, We like Pop and Art of animation they are very Disney themed and great for families.
Our Fav resort is Port Orleans french quarters this is a moderate hotel
with a boat that goes to Disney Springs and is the smallest of all of Disney resorts which I love as after a long day in the parks its great to go to a smaller resort.
You can book your Disney resort direct with Disney, Once again do price checks on flights and look at ticket reps to see who are doing best deals.

Then on this board we have some wonderful DIBB villas I have stayed in a few and the ones I have stayed in have been outstanding, We stay on a complex could Sunset Lakes you need a car to stay here but It is a gated community, A 10 min drive to Disney and only a 2 min drive to shops and restaurants.
This way you have lots of space own bedrooms, Private pool, choice of eating in or out, You could do a mixture holiday, A trip out to one of the amazing beaches, A few days in Disney, A couple of days Universal, Sea world.
As you can see there are lots of options, I would ask your family what you all want from your holiday, Is it to see Florida with a few parks thrown in, Is it to see Harry Potter world (which is fantastic) Is it Disney, What ever you want it is very easy to tailor to your wants doing DIY, A lot of us book this way.
The DIBB is amazing and full of Info and also someone ready to help.
It is all very exciting and a great holiday to plan with the family.

Happy Planning

Edited at 07:08 AM.
BirdsluvDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi - you didn't say which airport you'll be flying from or dates of your trip, but I did a quick run through on the Disney site for 2 weeks at Art of Animation to give you an idea.
disneyholidays/walt-disney-world/

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Sun 3rd May 2020 - Sun 17th May 2020
The Little Mermaid Standard Room
2 Adults, 1 Child

British Airways 2037 : Sun 3rd May 202011:15 London Gatwick (LGW) - 15:35 Orlando International (MCO)
British Airways 2038 : Sun 17th May 202019:45 Orlando International (MCO) - 09:10 London Gatwick (LGW) +1 Day
Includes hold luggage.

14-Day Ultimate Ticket
2 x Adults (10+)
1 x Child (3-9)
Your tickets are valid for use from 3rd May 2020.

Disney's Magical Express
As a guest staying in a Disney hotel you are eligible for Disney's Magical Express transfer service which provides FREE transportation from and to Orlando International (MCO)

FREE Disney Magical Extras
Personalised Holiday Planning Emails
Exclusive Discounts on Dining, Merchandise and Activities
Memory Maker
15% off at shopDisney.co.uk

Original Price
£5,011.26
Your Holiday Price
£4,946.58GBP

You can reserve your Walt Disney World® holiday today for just £450.00 deposit, with the balance not due until 23rd Feb 2020!
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say definitely get a 14 day Disney ticket and do Disney. My girls loved it with the rides and princesses.

We are going in May too.
We have booked with virgin holidays £4282 for 3 weeks, 2 adults, 2 kids flights from Manchester, car hire full insurance and villa.
Disney tickets would be about £400pp roughly.
But we booked two weeks before TC fell and I think the price of our exact holiday is now 50% more than we paid.

It really depends on what your like. For us Disney bubble would not be good, we like private pool. For lots of others it’s awesome.

Gotta visit every Disney park though. There is so much to do and see. But I think magic kingdom will be favourite for 7yr old
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
markclaireeva
New Poster (3)

thank you for the advice