Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Nov 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazfuk
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
That's a great price. I've been checking for the last few days, and its just showing £107.
Our stay is a Monday night, it was more expensive later in the week just checked and it’s now £89

Next visit Sept 2020
Last visit May 2018
Bazfuk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

I booked on 19/9/19 for a Friday night, 7th August 2020. It was £54.50. I was keeping an eye on prices and kept checking back as it was over £100 initially. Very pleased with this price.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

I think I must be doing something wrong. I can't seem to get anywhere near the prices that others have managed on here. We are trying to book for Tuesday 29th September, but the price has'nt changed in over a week. Still showing as £107.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I think I must be doing something wrong. I can't seem to get anywhere near the prices that others have managed on here. We are trying to book for Tuesday 29th September, but the price has'nt changed in over a week. Still showing as £107.
Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong PI released their cheaper rates for a while (hence the £54 mentioned above, as this would have been their fully flexible rate then adding their cheaper, non-flexible rate too). Rather strangely, they then seemed to change their system entirely and put all the dates around then back on the fully flexible, more expensive rates. From what I can tell, his is how the pricing seems to be working at the moment:

About 12 months before - only the more expensive fully flexible rates;

About 9 months before - release of the cheaper semi-flexible rates (tomorrow should see the release of semi-flex for 10th August 2020);

About 3 months before - release of the cheapest non-flexible fare (tomorrow should see the release of non-flex for 14th February 2020).

Who knows though, maybe they will change their system again!
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong PI released their cheaper rates for a while (hence the £54 mentioned above, as this would have been their fully flexible rate then adding their cheaper, non-flexible rate too). Rather strangely, they then seemed to change their system entirely and put all the dates around then back on the fully flexible, more expensive rates. From what I can tell, his is how the pricing seems to be working at the moment:

About 12 months before - only the more expensive fully flexible rates;

About 9 months before - release of the cheaper semi-flexible rates (tomorrow should see the release of semi-flex for 10th August 2020);

About 3 months before - release of the cheapest non-flexible fare (tomorrow should see the release of non-flex for 14th February 2020).

Who knows though, maybe they will change their system again!
Thanks for the quick reply. That makes me feel a bit better. I'll just have to keep checking the website.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes me feel a bit better. I'll just have to keep checking the website.
Your price more than likely won't shift at all for about 7 weeks. Best thing to do is get the Premier Inn app. You can load up your date and location and then next time you open it you can just click on 'recent search' to check the price. I find it very easy to navigate
Old 16 Nov 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Mine was £41 (2 adults/1 room) for our stay in 2 weeks time, but I did book this last year.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We always have a family room.

We flew out of Gatwick this summer and paid £52 with no flexibility for Prem Inn N with the aircon. (Nearer one).

We have booked Bath Rd LHR for March 29 and April 11 2020 at £29 each.

The most that I have ever paid for either was £63 for LGW N (Old one) and that was 4 years ago. I think that you just have to keep looking and sign up to their email in order that they notify you of sales.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Well, Iv'e been checking almost daily, and the original price of £107 has now gone up to £111. Does anyone else think this is far too much for Premier Inn?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions or advice on what to do next?
Thanks
James
Old 18 Dec 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am rather confused by these high prices. I must have stayed at 1 or other of the Gatwick prem inn Norths at least a dozen times, always in school hols and the most I have ever paid for a family room is £56.

Trivelles Waterhall Country Hotel - Gatwick Is £41 for that night, has decent reviews and is 3 and a bit miles out. If driving, I would look at that one, then drive in to dump the car. If using train, I would Uber or taxi in and out from Gatwick.

Hope it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:44 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List