Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Nov 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

Best time to book CRT and then watch fireworks?

I have never eaten at CRT but we will this year, my question is if we eat there and come out just before fireworks will we get moved on? Are we better to eat earlier and then try and get a spot? Do you come out the front or the back?

ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty0910
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi, I cant answer about the moving on bit but when we ate there in the summer they do close the surrounding area about 15/20 minutes before the fireworks and our server gave us the option of leaving to see them outside or if not you have to stay inside for the duration of them for safety reasons. We stayed inside and although you dont get the full experience it was worth it in our opinion.

2007 - Grand Floridian/St Pete's Beach, 2011 - Dibb Villa Champions Gate, 2014 - Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes/Miami/Naples/Anna Maria Island/Clearwater, 2016/2017 Universal Sapphire Falls, 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Scotty0910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

From my experience, if you want CRT you take whatever time is available (if any) and can’t really assume that it will fit in with fireworks time!
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
From my experience, if you want CRT you take whatever time is available (if any) and can’t really assume that it will fit in with fireworks time!
I found CRT very easy to get at 180 days and a few weeks later I changed my slot and that was also easy, but I expect availability would be dwindling for my dates now.

I do agree though, I would not try to pair up CRT with the fireworks. I would have dinner well before or I would have it during and watch the display another time. I think if OP finished CRT just before show starts, it would be quite difficult to manoeuvre into any decent viewing position.

Edited at 09:22 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The entrance is behind the castle- so you would need to be out and in the hub early to get a good spot
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have done this twice first time we stayed inside CRT and watched fireworks from the table, second time we tried to go out through front of castle but people take up places at the front hours before and it was rammed and no one would move to let you through so ended up having to go back round the back of the castle, unless your having a early meal that finishes at least an hour before the fireworks I would watch them from inside the castle and then go on a separate night to watch the projection show from the front of the castle
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did this in May. Had a reservation at 19.30 and I think the fireworks were at 21.00. As soon as we were seated our server asked if we'd like to be finished in time for the fireworks and said we could always get desert to go. We said we'd see how we got on and decide nearer the time. We were finished just in time and walked around to the front of the castle straight into into a perfect spot! Of course, that was just good luck.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

When we were in MK in September there is a area in front of Caseys Corner which had a sign up about the area being reserved. Later on when we asked a CM she said it was for diners from CRT. Might be worth investigating as view would be identical to those on the Plaza Gardens dessert party.
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
When we were in MK in September there is a area in front of Caseys Corner which had a sign up about the area being reserved. Later on when we asked a CM she said it was for diners from CRT. Might be worth investigating as view would be identical to those on the Plaza Gardens dessert party.
That would be good! Thank you

Has anyone on here experienced this?
ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ruddian View Post
That would be good! Thank you

Has anyone on here experienced this?
I expect that referred to the new CRT celebration package that was introduced in August this year, rather than a regular CRT guest.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...table-package/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List