juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Five Fords Fifth Family Floriday Aug 18 - Day 8 - Clearwater Beach Day 2

Wednesday 15th August

We were woken really early as Jamie had forgotten to turn his phone off and he received some messages at 3am!

Managed to drop back off for a little while but I was up and out on the balcony early to catch another beautiful sunrise.

Yes a different location this morning but every bit as stunning to see.
Scott came out onto the balcony and we wished each other a happy anniversary. Hard to believe it was 4 years ago when we had our Disney wedding and how wonderful to be celebrating it back in Florida.

Breakfast was included which was one of the reasons for us choosing this hotel. So once everyone had woken, we had to give Poppy a gentle nudge to get up, we went down to try it out as it was only available 6am till 9am.

Got to the breakfast room and whilst it was busy we were still able to find a table and thankfully there was still plenty of hot food available. There wasn’t a massive selection of food to choose from, the usual pastries, muffins and waffles along with bacon and scrambled eggs. Plenty of fresh fruit too which is always good to see.

We fueled up with coffee and juices too and felt ready for our day ahead on the beach.

Once we’d collected our things from back in the room we walked across the road, through the Surf shop, to the beach. Oh my word it was just so beautiful and walking onto the white sands was so lovely.

After a little walk we decided which cabana would be home for the next few hours. The prices were clearly displayed, $40 for the day.
We settled ourselves down and before long someone came over to take our money. At this point the kids were already in the sea and it wasn’t long before we joined them! It’s so nice to walk into warm sea!

It wasn’t long before Poppy said she wanted to build some sandcastles and of course we didn’t have a bucket or spade, so we popped back over to Surf Style to pick one up. Also purchased plenty of soft drinks for the kids and a few cans of beer/cocktails for the grown-ups whilst we were there! How handy is this shop!

Spent most of the day going in and out of the sea with the odd walk along the beach thrown in. We reminisced about our stay at the Hilton as we walked up past the pier but it was clear to see that Clearwater had become a lot busier over the last few years.

Not that far out to sea we saw the Sea Screamer zooming past and we could clearly see the dolphins jumping in the wake of the boat.

I’m not sure how many more trips we made back to the beach shop but we picked up some sandwiches, salads for our lunch from there and of course more of the cocktails.

It was good to have some shade from the sun as it was a very hot day. I even managed a little snooze mid afternoon!

We spent the rest of the afternoon dipping in and out of the warm sea

Before we knew it the time was 4.30, the time had flown by and what a great anniversary we’d had chilling on the gorgeous beach.

Once back at our hotel Poppy asked if she could go in the pool. Hayden, Jamie and I weren’t bothered about going so Scott took her down there whilst I showered and changed and the boy’s caught up with some Youtube.

Sitting on the balcony I noticed the sky was getting darker and darker, it looked like a storm was coming. In the end though it turned out to be just a light shower, thought we’d been lucky there.

All changed and ready we went out for something to eat. Now here was me thinking that Scott had somewhere in mind but he didn’t. I’d asked him to look at few places nearby seeing as though I’d planned every aspect of the rest of the holiday!

Ready for something to eat hopefully!

We wondered up and down the front for a while, taking a few snaps along the way again. The sky was a lot clearer so hopefully we’d be lucky and see a sunset. Because we’d been aimlessly walking for a while i said I wanted to see the sun go down before we headed in for somewhere to eat as we couldn’t see anywhere with a beachfront setting.

It then started to rain, just lightly, and even though some clouds were there we still managed to watch a beautiful sunset. What made it even more special was the fact that we saw a dolphin swimming up at the side of the pier. It really was so special and the dolphin swan around for quite some time.

Sunset over, eventually we went for some food. I can’t remember the exact name of the place as I was a bit annoyed lol but it was really near to where we were staying. Think it was called Badfin’s? We had something to eat then went back to hotel and I packed the few bits and pieces we’d used for 2 night stay and got our clothes ready for the morning.

We sat out on the balcony for a little while before going to bed. The day had been lovely, perfect beach day, shame about the night. Still we had seen a beautiful sunset so that made up for the lack of planning food wise!

Tomorrow we’d heading to our beloved Port Orleans Riverside

Thanks for reading
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow - your photos are amazing! Great day 😁 & happy anniversary
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Lovely day 🙂 and great to see dolphins 🐬 looking forward to reading more 👍
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
Wow - your photos are amazing! Great day 😁 & happy anniversary

Aww thank you

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Lovely day 🙂 and great to see dolphins 🐬 looking forward to reading more 👍
It was the highlight of the day.

Thanks for reading along
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Another lovely day, so relaxing at the beach.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Great beach day, so relaxing. The cabanas look fab for a bit of shade. Lovely photos, especially the one with the rainbow. I'm glad you managed to see a beautiful sunset and enjoy it despite the evening meal planning fail.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Happy anniversary! Typical man - don’t ever leave the planning to them 🤣🤣 glad you got your sunset 🌅
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Another lovely day, so relaxing at the beach.
Thank you yes it was really relaxing

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Great beach day, so relaxing. The cabanas look fab for a bit of shade. Lovely photos, especially the one with the rainbow. I'm glad you managed to see a beautiful sunset and enjoy it despite the evening meal planning fail.
The cabana was brilliant and a great place to chill out in some shade.

Sunset was amazing, so glad we got to see one.

Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by helenlovesdestr View Post
Happy anniversary! Typical man - don’t ever leave the planning to them 🤣🤣 glad you got your sunset 🌅
Haha yes so typical!

Thank you
Old 19 Nov 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely day on the beach. The cabana was a good idea!

Sunset looks gorgeous. A shame you were a bit annoyed in the evening - I would have been too but hope you all enjoyed x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Such a beautiful place to spend your anniversary the beach looked gorgeous.