Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 19, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
surann
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Travel ins

Can anybody recommend a travel insurers for existing medical conditions
surann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I use medical travel compared as recommended on mse. You put in your ailments and a range of insurers provide you with a quote.

This is more tailored than choosing an insurance policy and then paying a top up pre existing conditions premium.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just in case it hasn’t been said No
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by surann View Post
I've used and quite happy with Staysure
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by surann View Post
We found GoodToGo really good
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
sadly I have to. My Cancer was so rare and can not be categorised, so Aviva turned round and said they just could not insure me, even though I did not want to be covered for Cancer at all. They still would not do it.

They then gave me another number for a company that would and they wanted Ł1,000 for me.

The only way I could get around it would be to lie to the Insurance Company.
I don't agree. You have made a decision not to buy insurance because of the price.
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
We found GoodToGo really good
I'm going to get a quote from them, thanks ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

DW tripped and feel in Sarasota in September 2019 and gave her head a good crack on the pavement. Because she is on blood thinners we were advised that she should go to A&E to be checked which resulted in her staying in hospital for 24 hours. Seen by the A&E doctor ($1000.00), cat scan ($2000.00 to use the machine) cat scan to be checked ($200.00) and various other x-rays, treatments and incidentals. Bills still coming in 2 months later $34,000.00 and rising. But if you need a hospital I would recommend Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

Edited at 03:29 PM.
7SeasSailor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
DW tripped and feel in Sarasota in September 2019 and gave her head a good crack on the pavement. Because she is on blood thinners we were advised that she should go to A&E to be checked which resulted in her staying in hospital for 24 hours. Seen by the A&E doctor ($1000.00), cat scan ($2000.00 to use the machine) cat scan to be checked ($200.00) and various other x-rays, treatments and incidentals. Bills still coming in 2 months later $34,000.00 and rising. But if you need a hospital I would recommend Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Hi 7Seas, heads up re my hospital bills. I was admitted to Cape Coral hospital last November, a week after arriving, for 24 hours with a combination of the entero and rhino viruses which caused pneumonia, a broad spectrum antibiotic kept it at bay until definitive lab results. I received a letter from my underwriter, Tif, afore we left for Fl last week (12th Nov) to say they were taking CC hospital to task over their bills. Apparently the US Gov issues a list of procedure charges that hospitals are advised to abide by, Tif believe CC hospital are over-charging by 50%+ - Tif said to ignore any mail from CC hospital demanding payment, which I'd do anyway as it's Tif's issue to deal with. I had various tests, X-rays, scans and intensive treatment over 24 hours, from what I can fathom the bill is just under $12k.

Your underwriter may simply settle $34k+, or they may view as steep for 24 hours in hospital plus tests. They should advise you if they're contesting the figures. I rang Tif re their letter, they advised US hospitals are presenting higher bills (against travel insurance) than they deem acceptable and don't automatically settle. As the lady said, it's the insured who ends up paying via higher premiums.

Hope your daughter is doing well
Old 23 Nov 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Definitely not! You’d be crazy not to have insurance in place.