Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Holiday anxiety

Hi all,

Does anyone feel this way? I hate to be a downer but so much work has gone into this holiday that now it’s a couple days away I have been feeling ill for two weeks with anxiety and now not sleeping either.

It’s meant to be an amazing holiday but I feel miserable.

I’m sure it will wear off once we are on our way but I never thought I would feel like this
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I do worry from time to time about particular parts of the holiday but I have learned that everything is a learning experience. Even in the even something doesn’t quite go right try to find the positives in the situation. Folks will help you out all you need is the courage to ask for it. Don’t feel like an idiot for asking for help either it’s what others are employed for. I try to leave plenty of time in our holiday for down time so we can relax too. Remember your plans are really just a guideline for how you wish to spend your days and it’s not a disaster if things go off plan for a while. Celebrate the chances to meet new people and try to help others if/ when you can. An ounce of kindness is worth more than a ton of regrets. Keep thinking positive and enjoy your vacation and keep smiling.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

There is a lot of pressure for it to be a fantastic holiday you put lots of time and energy into planning everything let alone the money you have to invest so it’s no wonder you feel like this from time to time.

All I can say is I think it’s perfectly natural to feel like that it I s loads of pressure and you definitely aren’t the only one.

On the other side the reason I keep going back is it is a fantastic holiday and I’m sure yours will be too. Don’t worry if your days don’t go according to plan just change your plans. On our first family visit our three year old was asleep as soon as we got to Epcot so we couldn’t do anything. We’d arrived for rope drop so World showcase wasn’t open so basically got to do nothing. Same thing happened second year it took four visits til we enjoyed a visit to Epcot. Still had a fantastic time each holiday though.

Also on first visit on 4th straight park day Mrs Mickie looked miserable as we got up for yet another early start. Luckily I listened and have now learned to look at Mrs or Master Mickie and just tear up whatever plans we had. All that hard work in the bin oh well pool chill out day or more often than not Mall day!

So don’t worry if you plan goes off piste no Disney plan survives first contact with the parks!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I felt like that. Like all the excitement had gone and I was just fretting.

Few days in to holiday magic 1000% looking to book again and back to planning as soon as we get home.

Even though I had worried it was amazing. Just know that plans sometimes have to change and that’s ok rest days can still be good too.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

No matter how well you plan don’t over think it. There will be opportunities in the future to return and see anything you don’t manage to get to even if it’s in a slightly adapted form. For example last time we were there Toy Story Land and SWGE were not finished. That’s something new to do and explore. AK is changing and Rafiki’s Planet Watch is now a learn to draw experience. We missed out some of the fireworks last time too and Rivers of Light show. There are always new things in the parks in Florida not just in WDW, we’ve been watching to see if Hagrid’s ride in Universal actually keeps running regularly. Due to time restraints we don’t get long to visit but we try to prioritise which parks and attractions we feel we must do and then fit all the rest around those firmer plans. No matter what have fun and if you have kids go at their pace and give them plenty of rest breaks and keep hydrated.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

A lot of people do too, I know I do, so much time money & planning goes into a Disney Holiday compared to a beach one, that we all worry that it will be ok, as soon as I’m through security I can start to chill a bit
Keep calm, wish you better & have a fabulous time in Animal Kingdom
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks guys. It’s the third time of going. But the first time on DDP so actually having to have some sort of plan.

I appreciate all the support and it’s really nice to know it’s not just me.
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dragsapphire View Post
Thanks guys. It’s the third time of going. But the first time on DDP so actually having to have some sort of plan.

I appreciate all the support and it’s really nice to know it’s not just me.
I am always a little anxious before holidays. Not worried about plans or anything like that, I am usually more worried about one of us breaking an arm or leg just before, something like that. I am also anxious about airports, not flying, but I don’t like being in airports.

Just wanted to pick up on your comment about dining plan. Having a dining plan does not mean you have to have a detailed plan, it means your meals are pre paid for. If it is causing you increased anxiety then ditch the advance meal planning.

I like meal planning and it doesn’t cause me grief, before my last trip I had 16 ADRs booked. Only one of these 16 ADRs was attended on the time /date it was booked for. Ten restaurants I did not attend at all and the rest were shuffled around to suit us better. Most were booked on the day or the day before, a number were booked an hour or so before. If planning your mealtimes is adding to your angst, forget about planning ADRs and go with the flow, there will be plenty of options.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t get to anxious before normal holidays but the pressure to a “magical Disney” trip is enormous due to many factors, this place full of joy about going, the expense, once in a lifetime trip for many etc etc. Pressure to book ADRs which is not necessary unless you want a headliner. Fast passes are my biggest bug bear, especially if you have elderly or children with with you, timings can be crucial re naps etc. Fast passes are my biggest issue as I prefer to have light plans in place with the ability to change, fast passes can be cx but FPs on the day when you actually want them, I found back in May to be difficult.

So basically, you’re normal
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely agree that fastpasses seem to be the hardest thing to plan.
Do think that cos it’s so expensive that’s what puts the added pressure on but so long as everyone has a good time it won’t matter if you miss something out.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List