Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Sep 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Good news! Do you mind me asking how many points you bought? We’re thinking of adding on a small resale but not sure what resort yet. How many years will you have left on the contract?
I got another 100. SSR lasts until 2054 so if I still have it then I'll be in my 80's. I'm sure a time will come when I've to decide whether I sell my contracts on, or keep to rent out. Hopefully not for a long time though.
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I got another 100. SSR lasts until 2054 so if I still have it then I'll be in my 80's. I'm sure a time will come when I've to decide whether I sell my contracts on, or keep to rent out. Hopefully not for a long time though.
Sounds good. The contracts for SSR & AKL seem pretty good value per point. I was looking at 50 points but thats not going to get much so we'll probably do between 80-110 I would think. Hopefully we'll all make a bit on money on our contracts but if we don't we've all had a lot of good holidays out of our DVC contracts!
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Sounds good. The contracts for SSR & AKL seem pretty good value per point. I was looking at 50 points but thats not going to get much so we'll probably do between 80-110 I would think. Hopefully we'll all make a bit on money on our contracts but if we don't we've all had a lot of good holidays out of our DVC contracts!
Not as good as 2016 when I picked up a fully loaded with banked points (which I rented, knocking 13 a point off the price) which was $62 net. Wish I'd bought another few hundred back then. This was actually cheaper than earlier ones- think I got lucky, at Xmas/ NY 2016 it seemed a bit in the doldrums.

Edited at 10:02 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Not as good as 2016 when I picked up a fully loaded with banked points (which I rented, knocking 13 a point off the price) which was $62 net. Wish I'd bought another few hundred back then. This was actually cheaper than earlier ones- think I got lucky, at Xmas/ NY 2016 it seemed a bit in the doldrums.
Wow! If only they were selling at that price now!
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Closed at last.

Slow seller, took 3 weeks to send back closing docs.

Ah well, all done now. Just wait for points to appear in about 2 weeks, but I think they’ve been quite quick recently. So 6 weeks from deciding to buy to closing, should be 8 weeks max for points to come into account. Should have been 6 in total if it were not for slow seller with the docs.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

YorkshireT congratulations! Sounds like it’s moving well. We finally got funds transferred and closed last week. County has already recorded (they were super fast) so now just waiting for Disney - come on don’t they know I need to make some reservations?!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

WOW! that was really fast compared to how long it took us last time! Congratulations on the new points. (Jealous now :-( I want more!)... Enjoy!
Old 10 Oct 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
YorkshireT congratulations! Sounds like it’s moving well. We finally got funds transferred and closed last week. County has already recorded (they were super fast) so now just waiting for Disney - come on don’t they know I need to make some reservations?!
Glad to hear you got the transfer sorted- strange one that! You had a fast seller- mine was sloooooow and I had to chase.

Edited at 05:00 PM.
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

We have 670 points now and I will always want more! With 5 of us now and us liking to take my parents too we pretty much always need a 2 bed and so that number of points doesn’t get you that far! To be honest though the dues are becoming a bit crippling really so I think just because of that reason my husband won’t allow the addition of anymore points!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List